The Chainlink

I was trying to sell these dirt cheap on CL with no success, and Working Bikes is a long way to go to donate them so I'll try this:

700c wheelset FREE.  Matrix Titan rims over Sunshine Gyromaster hubs, a setup from Trek touring bikes years ago.  These are quite ugly: the black anodizing on the rims is half-gone and the aluminum oxidized.  The cones on the front are brinneled, god knows how.  And I don't know about the state of true.  The axles are out now but I have them, the cones and dust covers, and I really think they could be rebuilt as a usable winter set.  Some steel wooling would get fix the worst of the oxidizing on the rims.  Both have hollow axles but no skewers.

I'm W of Lincoln Square, very convenient to the Brown Line, if you want to come get them.  You can also have a free kickstand...as if you need more motivation!

Views: 599

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These wheels would be great for my Tandem, I've wanted to switch it from 27 inch wheels to 700c.

I could come pick them up tomorrow.

Okay, sent you 'friend' message so we can converse.  They're yours.

Okay, no further word from Lucas so the wheels are still available, still FREE.  I have a bunch of other stuff up on Chicago CL, and some things I am finding now that are cheap or even give-away, like a bunch of old brake parts.  My CL ads went up yesterday, location Lincoln Square/Albany Park...and no, I'm not a terrible business on Western Ave.  Here's one: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/2627703018.html

Really would like to get the parts collection pared down.  Why go dig through the bins at Working Bikes when you can do so in my backyard in leafy Ravenswood Manor? ;- )

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service