The Chainlink

What does everyone do for a living?

I work at a construction company on Ashland and Armitage as a project administrator - where swearing is a way of life, we drink too much coffee, work too hard, and party harder. I also do theatre work, mostly in management, and writing.

Mmm.

Views: 3889

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a seasonal "historical interpreter" at various Renaissance themed events. Sometimes I can also be found working as a professional zombie/dead pirate(RIP). Lawn work, bike repairs, gardening, tree removal and personal errand boy (food delivery and grocery pick up).

I also make really good mulberry jam if you wanna buy some ;-)
really though, its really good stuff. You should try it at least.
I am a lovely snooping IT Security Operations Manager in the loop ^_^
I work for a magazine as a print production artist/designer.
I am a healthcare suit . . .
Crack open my laptop and say "it's a UNIX system... I KNOW this... " and pretend I'm fighting dinosaurs instead of managing a webhosting network.
Michael M said:

I'm a union paving laborer. No doubt many of you have given me dirty looks as I screw up traffic and wave you around.

Man not even slightly. It means the stopped cars will be easier for me to get around, and it means a bit of road's going to be smoother soon. I love construction season.
I do pretty well at making my money numbers smaller

Bart said:
Aspiring Mathemagician.

I take numbers and turn them into smaller numbers. Anyone need a personal money manager?
A/V tech for a company that does business for corporate meetings. I check in and fix projectors. My company also does some comercial shoots.
During the week, I handle printing, copying, and reprographics for the five Midwest offices of a major management consulting firm downtown. Lots of tabbed binders full of PowerPoint presentations, insane large format poster printing. Even just typing that is lulling me to sleep.

On weekends, my wife and I operate a bike shop in a small Indiana tourist town. We are busy this time of year tuning up and repairing bikes of all sorts, selling comfort and hybrid bikes, fixing flats, and selling accessories.
What town? I'm originally from Indiana.

Primitive Don said:
During the week, I handle printing, copying, and reprographics for the five Midwest offices of a major management consulting firm downtown. Lots of tabbed binders full of PowerPoint presentations, insane large format poster printing. Even just typing that is lulling me to sleep.

On weekends, my wife and I operate a bike shop in a small Indiana tourist town. We are busy this time of year tuning up and repairing bikes of all sorts, selling comfort and hybrid bikes, fixing flats, and selling accessories.
Oh, and I am a team lead for a desktop support team...at a suit and tie bank.

Wesley Dolezal said:
What town? I'm originally from Indiana.

Primitive Don said:

The shop's in Culver, Indiana, by Culver Academies and Lake Maxinkuckee. There are a number of Chicagoans with 2nd homes on our lake, and that like to ride bikes too.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service