The Chainlink

So I just wanted to see if anyone out there besides me lives in the suburbs. I love riding in the city but living about 30 minutes out can be kind of a pain for riding. I just wanted to see if there was anyone else who feels the same way

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry I meant to say a 30 minute drive not ride. If I was making it into the city riding in 30 minutes I'd probably cry tears of joy then my legs would fall off.

Yeah 14 is a good direct shot and a nice ride but I really doubt construction will ever finish/start in some places. We can only hope.

M.A.R.K. said:
Did you mean 30 miles not 30 minutes? Cause really, if you can make it in in 30 minutes thats rockin. I can make it into Jeff park in about hour 15 hour and a half roughly and im just one town over from you.

There's a couple of on here now in the NW Burbs.. And a couple from he west burbs too.. Riding to the city wont be that bad once they finish bridge construction on Rt. 14 and/or even Busse Hwy for that matter, they're doing it on both. I like to take Busse, but the road is really tore up pretty much all the way from Rt. 14 to Park Ridge, some serious road work is needed, so i've been taking Rt. 14 as of lately, traffic is way worse on 14, while Busse is pretty tame and quiet.

If you like riding in the city you can hop on the Metra for 5 bones with the weekend pass. Bikes are allowed on all trains all weekend outside of a bunch of dates for things like the taste, the air and water show and such. Check their website first to find out which dates are blacked out.
I live out west in Warrenville (just north of Naperville). I'd love to join ya, but with two kids at home I only have time to ride at night- after 11pm or so.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service