The Chainlink

I have been riding in the winter for 2 years and now would like to appropriately dress myself. Anyone have ideas of places to find waterproof shoes/pants?

Has anyone found a good face and neck protector?

Thanks

Views: 124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you're riding clipless both Northwave and Sidi have winter shoes. If you're not you probably wanna go the route of goretex shoes or hiking boots. None are cheap but its worth while.

Pants: look to performance for their gore stuff---it's decently made and cheaper than most other stuff.

Probikekit.com (from UK) has some rad' face protectors. I haven't tried them but they look promising. I usually just use a wool scarf or have opted for whatever I can find at a ski/snowboard store.

You also have the option of looking at snow/ski shops now. They're usually trying to blow out last seasons stuff for mighty cheap.

But, before you do any of that, (and if you haven't already) install fenders and make mud flaps for them. It's the best way to keep dry.
Thank you. I will check that out. Nothing worse than cold wet feet.

Tommie said:
If you're riding clipless both Northwave and Sidi have winter shoes. If you're not you probably wanna go the route of goretex shoes or hiking boots. None are cheap but its worth while.

Pants: look to performance for their gore stuff---it's decently made and cheaper than most other stuff.

Probikekit.com (from UK) has some rad' face protectors. I haven't tried them but they look promising. I usually just use a wool scarf or have opted for whatever I can find at a ski/snowboard store.

You also have the option of looking at snow/ski shops now. They're usually trying to blow out last seasons stuff for mighty cheap.

But, before you do any of that, (and if you haven't already) install fenders and make mud flaps for them. It's the best way to keep dry.
I am usually fine with a pair of footless tights under some wind pants and a thermal underwear or two (depending on how cold it is) under my windbreaker. I use a balaclava on the coldest days and layer my gloves. Also, the best place to go for real cheap winter gear is the army/navy store on Lincoln.
Isn't there another thread on this already?

Yes there is....this one

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service