The Chainlink

Mine is about a 30 mile round trip, from Albany Park to Glencoe. I have to get my riding in during the summer, since my route is basically not ridable in the winter if there's snow. In the winter I just ride a couple of miles to the Metra every day.

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I ride about 8 miles each way from Albany Park to Streeterville. It takes about 35 minutes to ride compared to over an hour to take the CTA. I'm always in a much better mood when I ride in so I try not to take the train unless the weather is really bad.
i work from home, so uh.. about 25 feet?
I have a thirteen mile round trip commute from Mayfair to Wrigleyville. Mostly on Montrose and Broadway.
I'm on my bike all day (working + getting around, running errands, going for a ride, etc.), so my "commute" varies. If I'm hungover, I can get away with 20 miles. I was doing 40+ every day this summer, but then I realized that made me sort of cranky. My best guess is around 30 now.
k8 said:
I'm on my bike all day (working + getting around, running errands, going for a ride, etc.), so my "commute" varies. If I'm hungover, I can get away with 20 miles. I was doing 40+ every day this summer, but then I realized that made me sort of cranky. My best guess is around 30 now.

I thought your commute was 10-feet!
Mine's about 8 miles from Andersonville to Dearborn & Adams on the Lakefront. We have a shower in the office which is a godsend for me because I'm usually not presentable to polite society after rides. I make it in about half an hour (faster on the way back) but only get the pleasure twice a week, sometimes three. Other days require me to either (a) wear a suit, (b) drive or (c) both.

I usually leave around 6:45 AM and would be happy to join any early rising groups heading the same way.
I ride 8 miles each way from Hyde Park to UIC. Most of the trip is on the lakefront, then across Roosevelt. It usually takes ~30 minutes, depending on lights. I haven't tried it in the winter yet. I usually do two to three times a week, as I work from home some part of the time.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service