The Chainlink

I had my physical on Friday and I found out that I lowered my Cholesterol by 28 points in one year. I wanna scream it man! All i did different was, instead of biking for fun I rode my bike EVERYWHERE. To and from both jobs + FUN and I have gotten healthier. ;-)

I would be more in the boat with the older crowd as far as Cholesterol cause I come from a long line of fat bastards...And while I stayed fit the cholesterol is genetic and needed additional work.

Go tell all the fam you have that aren't riding bikes to get off their duffs man! Let's shock some more Docs...I never changed what I ate by the way...I eat EVERYTHING!!! ;-)

Go make your Heart Healthy! ;-)
love,
gabe

Views: 222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We need to get Morgan Spurlock to do a doc. on biking!
he would take it to a whole nutha level... with some hunger strike while biking, or biking on a diet of only gravy. I have always more partial to National Geographic Docs I love music from the old intro
congrats gabe!!
That is awesome! I can't wait to tell my doc that I got off my @ss after telling her for the past two years I haven't worked out. Now with group rides and riding to work and back everyday, I am pretty sure that diabetes gene in my family will stay at bay.

Congrats, gabe!
Keep riding with our drunkard butts!
Keep it up Ammo ;-) I hope you get great news from your Doc on your next physical as well! ;-) It really feels awesome....Though now that you bring up drinking he did lecture me on the health benefits of drinkin less if not at all and obviously not smoking...But I'm tackling one thing at a time here ;-). And he doesn't drink at all so he kinda thinks everyone should stop.

Ammo said:
That is awesome! I can't wait to tell my doc that I got off my @ss after telling her for the past two years I haven't worked out. Now with group rides and riding to work and back everyday, I am pretty sure that diabetes gene in my family will stay at bay.

Congrats, gabe!
I wouldn't know how to do all that. I KNOW I should quit smoking, which I only do when I drink. I don't drink all the time though. All well, someday.
Gabe said:
Keep it up Ammo ;-) I hope you get great news from your Doc on your next physical as well! ;-) It really feels awesome....Though now that you bring up drinking he did lecture me on the health benefits of drinkin less if not at all and obviously not smoking...But I'm tackling one thing at a time here ;-). And he doesn't drink at all so he kinda thinks everyone should stop.

Ammo said:

Congrats, gabe!
Good Job Gabe. I would like to find a job that I could ride to.
very inspiring gabe, thanks for sharing the story

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service