The Chainlink

We have a few threads here and there with introductions, but nothing organized. For this thread, post your picture, pics of your bikes, and a small blurb about yourself (favorite foods, commuting routes, etc).

yes, this was ripped off from chifg...

Views: 16798

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HAHAHA!

Gabe said:

And even if he turns into a malcontent he'll be our kind of malcontent. ;-) Yay Bikes! ;-)

We need more pics up in here :-)

My name is Jim. 

This is me. 

This is my ride (don't mind the goofy steer tube; I'm trying different heights before I cut it.)

Here's me with a lion. It may be kind of weird, but I am an avid zoo-goer. I've been to every zoo in the state of Illinois, and others across the country. At last count, I've been to 22 zoos. I love wildlife, conservation and most things that have low impact on our ecological system.

I also love beer - especially any brewery that is close to home. One of my favorites is New Holland in Holland, MI

Sometimes the beer makes me do things that seem grandiose in my head, like ride a toy plasma car down a very, very large hill at high speeds.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

Nice Jamis, and we all love beer. Now Jim, you are upping the ante to Zoo's. ;-)

I guess I didn't really put in a good pic of my babies...

nice looking babies!

Katie said:

I guess I didn't really put in a good pic of my babies...

Fairly new here and just saw this thread...

I'm Blair, and this is my bike.  We are in love.

Hi Blair, nice boots! ;-)

I'm in love with my bikes too.  

This was my first love, turned me on to biking. 

My other loves...

The living room fleet.... Current favorite is the red Giant.

122782_ said:

Fairly new here and just saw this thread...

I'm Blair, and this is my bike.  We are in love.

I like the cut of your jib!

Julie Hochstadter said:

The living room fleet.... Current favorite is the red Giant.

My name is Noah, and this is me: I ride two bikes: a Dahon Cadenza as my city bike (don't have a picture of me in action on it, but have an illegal-parking that didn't get me fined or towed :p)

My distance-riding bike is a Trek 1.2.  This is me finishing the Wrigley Field Road Tour back on August 27, 2011, on my blue Trek 1.2.

(Sadly, though, I no longer have that blue one because it got totalled in a crash in November 22, 2011.  Luckily, the only major injury I had was a strained shoulder that physical therapy took care of.)  Luckily, the offender had car insurance that paid for my medical bills and bike replacement.  I now have a red Trek 1.2 (hmm... might make it easier to get a speeding ticket--which I do want to do at some point!)  I took a picture while riding it, and indeed I bike year-round.

I am a graduate student at Northwestern University, studying applied mathematics (with applications in civil engineering and mechanics).  But, when I am not in class, besides cycling, I am a huge fan of the Northwestern Wildcats... with the hard hat as another hat that I wear.  It's a long story why I wear a hard hat at games.

Another hobby of mine is journaling and writing for fun.  I have always been intrigued by memory, and therefore writing down my own memories is a way to extend that idea.  I have at least 21 volumes of journals that I have written since 2005, and I also occasionally blog about various topics (at noah121weiss.wordpress.com).

Hi everyone, my name is Miroslav:

In summer 2010 I planned and executed a solo bike tour from Chicago to San Francisco, which I completed in 39 days. I had only two or three 50 mile bike rides under my belt before then and I did it on a fixed-gear bike on a route I planned through IL, IA, NE, WY, UT, NV, and CA.  I'm currently hosting classes on touring on skillshare (click for info) and I'm writing a book on it.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service