The Chainlink

We have a few threads here and there with introductions, but nothing organized. For this thread, post your picture, pics of your bikes, and a small blurb about yourself (favorite foods, commuting routes, etc).

yes, this was ripped off from chifg...

Views: 16780

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice song and video, especially the suicide-squirrel (1:27)!
thanks

Warren Marshall said:
Greetings,
I ride a Raleigh Pioneer, with gears and brakes. Sometimes I ride my bike and play guitar at the same time, which is not as difficult as it may seem. Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8LWgaZpHlM In a few weeks I may post a thread looking for a bike riding mandolin player to form a bike riding, harmony singing bluegrass band. I play guitar and I have a bike riding fiddle player lined up.
Cheers,
-cwm
Hrm... moot at this point? Possibly. But anyway:

My name is Michelle. I moved here from Texas in August and didn't start riding a bike (like at all) until October. Now I own two bikes and I'm lucky to be such a stereotypically broke grad student or I'd have five or six....

I am thoroughly enchanted by snow. I have a cat who won't like you (even if you're "like, *so* good with cats, no seriously, like, just like, like, a cat whisperer or something"). I don't eat meat but I fucking love pizza, ice cream, and also refined and subtle things, and also really spicy things. I was a film editor and a baker/cake decorator in my past/Texas life. I do crosswords like a fiend, I sew, I double dutch, I have lots and lots of lists, I wish I could drink champagne every day of my life.

Here are some pictures?

1. At a veggie hot dog eating competition I helped put on for the 4th of July. Here in the dead of winter, this picture helps me remember things like sunshine and sunburn and heat stroke:

2. A giant slice of pizza:

3. Some bones I found on a camping trip:

4. My very first morning waking up in Chicago, awesome:

Welcome! Bacci FTW.
Thanks! <3 Bacci <3

Sam S said:
Welcome! Bacci FTW.
Hi there. I'm Patrick, and I just moved to Wrigleyville from Seattle. I'm working from home, so I get a bit stir-crazy... every day. So, I'm eager to ride bikes, and eager to see the city. I met a few of you folks during the last snow ride. Good times...

Here's what I look like:

Here's my bike enjoying the snow outside the Field museum today:

My other bike is hiding inside until the end of salt season.

Hope to see more of you soon!
Hello Michelle, Jim "Niterider" here, so what got stolen out of your car that so valuable? So your from Texas, what city? You must be freezing up here with the first real winter where it is below zero. Do you like BBQ even if you do not eat meat? No fish, shrimp, crabs, lobster, clams either? So you like pizza? That makes me happy too since I am Italian also. Southern Italy, Calabria region, to be exact my grand parents came from the city of Cozena. Since you like pizza so much, give GIOS in Evanston on Davis St a try. They will fill you up in a hurry. The other great spot is in the North Shore is Ferentino's in Lake Forest. I stop here alot in the spring and summer on the bike as they have tables that you can eat outside. So Dom or Krsytal or Moet? Which do you like for champagne? Never drink the stuff, I like beer or Candian whiskey like Crown or Yukon Jack. Happy VD day. I used to work at a flower shop and remember all of the insanity of this holiday. What did you get? Flowers, choclates, ballons, plush animals or a simple card? Hope to hear from ya soon. Jim

Michelle Green said:
Hrm... moot at this point? Possibly. But anyway:

My name is Michelle. I moved here from Texas in August and didn't start riding a bike (like at all) until October. Now I own two bikes and I'm lucky to be such a stereotypically broke grad student or I'd have five or six....

I am thoroughly enchanted by snow. I have a cat who won't like you (even if you're "like, *so* good with cats, no seriously, like, just like, like, a cat whisperer or something"). I don't eat meat but I fucking love pizza, ice cream, and also refined and subtle things, and also really spicy things. I was a film editor and a baker/cake decorator in my past/Texas life. I do crosswords like a fiend, I sew, I double dutch, I have lots and lots of lists, I wish I could drink champagne every day of my life.

Here are some pictures?

1. At a veggie hot dog eating competition I helped put on for the 4th of July. Here in the dead of winter, this picture helps me remember things like sunshine and sunburn and heat stroke:

2. A giant slice of pizza:

3. Some bones I found on a camping trip:

4. My very first morning waking up in Chicago, awesome:

Greetings. I don't have much to say about myself at the moment. These are my bicycles...

wow - sweet.
I haven't seen a disc wheel in a long time.
In Triathlon (and TTs) they were the big thing in the 90's

DB

Michael Perz said:
Greetings. I don't have much to say about myself at the moment. These are my bicycles...

I am loving the JJ cycling jersey...Where did you get it?

Justin K Prim said:
Hi, my name is Justin. As you can see from the pic, I work for Jimmy John's and I love it. I just got this sweet JJ's bike jersey. Currently I am riding a homemade fixed gear, built around a '68 falcon frame that is crappily hand painted (but only $50). I am currently building a new bike and am very excited about it. I live in Pilsen with the lovely Lindsay (the 4'10" cutie featured above) and I love indian food. Right now I am sitting around typing this wearing 4 shirt layers to try and decided if this Chrome jacket is worth $140 or if I should send it back...

My name is Aaron and this is what i ride.

Hey Dan,

Bailey wants to know when you are gonna take him for a boat ride.
-Robby

daniel brown said:
Dan from Humboldt Park

Food ? what's that ? Oh...anything really.
i like beer too.
and playing pool
and karaoke and most music
and riding (do-h) a lot.

Here are 2 of my 5 bikes (how many is too many ???)

Miyata converted to a single-speed
Raleigh Road bike

love 'em both

and a couple more of me "re-hydrating" lol

I guess I'm kind of a nobbie; but I've met so many cool people here already.
good question.

easy - as soon as he fixes me up with one of his groupie's moms - he he he.

or we can depart from the sidewalk next to the gallery....lol

DB

RigWheels said:
Hey Dan,

Bailey wants to know when you are gonna take him for a boat ride.
-Robby

daniel brown said:
Dan from Humboldt Park

Food ? what's that ? Oh...anything really.
i like beer too.
and playing pool
and karaoke and most music
and riding (do-h) a lot.

Here are 2 of my 5 bikes (how many is too many ???)

Miyata converted to a single-speed
Raleigh Road bike

love 'em both

and a couple more of me "re-hydrating" lol

I guess I'm kind of a nobbie; but I've met so many cool people here already.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service