The Chainlink

I've been hearing rumors recently about a critical mass happening on the election day ending up at Obama's acceptence speech. Does anyone have any information on this?

Views: 41

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

thanks for the link, but I tried it with no luck. Obviously, I am new to the chainlink, as well as riding, and Chicago, so my use of "Critical Mass" was just something that i heard through word of mouth. If you have anything else on the ride, it'd be great!
h3 said:
Hi Eric,

Welcome to the Chainlink.

Here is a previous thread on the matter, nothing definitive:

http://www.thechainlink.org/forum/topic/show?id=2211490%3ATopic%3A1...

I would caution strongly against calling it a "Critical Mass" out of respect to those who have invested resources beyond your imagination in growing and sustaining Chicago Critical Mass as a force to promote bike culture and elevate the visibility of the transportational cyclist over the years.

I would never suggest NYCM deserved the harsh police response it got after allowing itself to be tied into the RNC protests, but I would definitely not suggest that the response was not predictable.

You'll note that nobody in the linked thread referred to this ride as anything but a "mass."
Hopefully we can keep it that way.
Hi Eric - since there's already another thread going, I'm going to close this one. The previous thread can be found here.

Thanks!
Leah
(moderator)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service