The Chainlink

Just had to list a few ridicilous ads from CL...Sorry if you are the author!

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/bik/878080397.html - Schwinn
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/bik/877188268.html - Custom $5,000 Prototype...

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/bik/871297549.html - Art Bike...He started @ $6,500 about 2 months ago...

Views: 243

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Oh man! we used those in the urban assault ride. Those are NOT worth that much. probably why the posting was flagged.
it would seem logical that he forgot the decimal, but them why stipulate, "no low-ballers?"
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/985164468.html

Just in case the post expires:

"Stolen Wheelset...please help. - $100 (Chicago and Halsted)

Dang! I left my whip for a couple hours locked up close to the intersection of Chicago and Halsted while I was visiting my new girl. I always take extra special care to use my Krypto with both wheels locked with a cable. These guys really knew what they were doing and that cable was cut with some sort of high speed machinery. Anyways, my wheels were Deep-V's in the wood grain color laced to the rare black Phil Woods with the red writing. There was a single 16T Dura Ace cog on one side, the tires were Gatorskins. I need these wheels back! Reward!"
Holy hipster, Batman!!!

Bean said:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/985164468.html

Just in case the post expires:

"Stolen Wheelset...please help. - $100 (Chicago and Halsted)

Dang! I left my whip for a couple hours locked up close to the intersection of Chicago and Halsted while I was visiting my new girl. I always take extra special care to use my Krypto with both wheels locked with a cable. These guys really knew what they were doing and that cable was cut with some sort of high speed machinery. Anyways, my wheels were Deep-V's in the wood grain color laced to the rare black Phil Woods with the red writing. There was a single 16T Dura Ace cog on one side, the tires were Gatorskins. I need these wheels back! Reward!"
Did you see this one?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/1023531349.html

I don't even know what to say.
Bean said:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/985164468.html

Just in case the post expires:

"Stolen Wheelset...please help. - $100 (Chicago and Halsted)

Dang! I left my whip for a couple hours locked up close to the intersection of Chicago and Halsted while I was visiting my new girl. I always take extra special care to use my Krypto with both wheels locked with a cable. These guys really knew what they were doing and that cable was cut with some sort of high speed machinery. Anyways, my wheels were Deep-V's in the wood grain color laced to the rare black Phil Woods with the red writing. There was a single 16T Dura Ace cog on one side, the tires were Gatorskins. I need these wheels back! Reward!"
Goddamn!
Woodgrain veeps are the ugliest shit of all time (except for a pair of woodgrain arrospOks I saw recently)
I hope they were stolen so that they could be properly disposed of.
Thats about right for a paramount tandem. Tandems are uncommon, but a paramount tandem is pretty rare. In fact, the price is probably low. Campy record everything, on such a rare frame. That's two campy record cranksets we're talking about. I bet just the frame in good condition would break 800 on ebay, not that it belongs there.

This heap on the other hand has been listed every week for over a year now.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/bik/1025182558.html

GabeW said:
I stand corrected: http://cgi.ebay.com/Schwinn-Paramount-Tandem-Bicycle-Campanolo_W0QQ...

The economy must really be in the tank. Could have taken better photos tho.


krems81 said:
I bet just the frame in good condition would break 800 on ebay, not that it belongs there.
GabeW said:
My favorite these days is the Miyata bike that the seller has listed for $295. Seller says it's very clean and road ready, but the pics (which look like they were taken inside a stolen goods fencing operation) clearly show the chain hanging off. When the seller first listed it last summer, it was listed for $495. Got all the way down to $300 a couple months back, and now is down all the way to $295. Meanwhile, like 30 other nicer Miyatas have sold, most for much less. Some people just don't get it!

The most ridiculous is Bill the repair guy from Elgin who posts like 5 times a day. I want to reach through the screen and pound that guy (sorry Lord).
That miyata guy also has several bikes for sale. He owns an antique store and instead of seeing the bikes as a functional thing, because it's old and has nice bars, then it must be an expensive collectible.

Primitive Don said:
My favorite these days is the Miyata bike that the seller has listed for $295. Seller says it's very clean and road ready, but the pics (which look like they were taken inside a stolen goods fencing operation) clearly show the chain hanging off. When the seller first listed it last summer, it was listed for $495. Got all the way down to $300 a couple months back, and now is down all the way to $295. Meanwhile, like 30 other nicer Miyatas have sold, most for much less. Some people just don't get it!

The most ridiculous is Bill the repair guy from Elgin who posts like 5 times a day. I want to reach through the screen and pound that guy (sorry Lord).

RSS

Groups

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service