The Chainlink

I have learned the best way to get grease off my skin is with a pumice stone. But what about clothes? I got some grease on my favorite jersey and don't know the best way to get it off. Help!

Views: 3965

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well about 1.5 years after I first asked for grease-removing advice, I finally took it. And my clothes are greasefree!

I went with the Oxyclean and a scrubber.

But not before buying Oxy for acne. And then realizing when I was at Crafty Beaver yesterday that you were all talking about OxiClean....

Thank you all!
I use Lestoil. Its a heavy duty cleaner and have been successful getting anything out of clothes. From football pants in high school to grease stains on Kahkis. You can pre-treat bad stains with some and a bit of scrubbing and things come out clean as a whistle. I have even been successful getting out "set" stains that have been through the dryer cycle with that stuff. So, if you aren't sure if you want to try it, you can always give it a whirl if all else fails.

On a related note, I invented a pant protector product, the Leg Shield, which fully protects your pants from grease and the chain. It does the trick! 

Zombie Spam!

The best grease/stain remover is Dawn -but ONLY the blue original formula.  Don't know why but only the blue stuff works super-well.

Don't put it on anything full-strength.  Like someone pointed out if you put pure-raw detergent on to clothes it will damage them physically and/or discolor them.  Mix one part blue dawn with 2-3 parts water BEFORE using it on delicates.   Not only does it not damage the fabric but it actually works better than it does undiluted.

Blue Dawn & water solution works well to keep white cork bar tape CLEAN and new-looking.  Use a soft-bristle toothbrush and gently work the bristles over the stained parts. Be careful as cork is easily damaged, especially when wet   Rinse WELL.  Pat-dry with a clean towel. (remember to rinse WELL as soap is slippery.)

Be aware that Dawn or any other dish detergent will strip wax off of paint very efficiently.  If you have a well-waxed frame be very careful not to let the suds or rinsewater drip over your waxed frame or you will need to re-wax. 

This was one of my very first threads!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service