The Chainlink

Here are my personal unfavorites for street riding. Please share your most disliked streets and routes for new/existing riders.

-Addison between clark and damen (hellacious potholes, little scary tiny rocks)
-Western (self-explanatory)
-Wrigleyville before/during/after a cubs game
-Division (between elston and ashland, ghost bike installed there for a reason)
-Irving Park Rd (I got pushed so far into the parked cars by traffic I took out a sideview mirror with my fist riding a CRUISER)

Anyone else?
-

Views: 321

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hate Ashland... that's the one street I can count on to be harassed. State Street downtown is ridiculous and I almost fell to the center of the earth in a pothole on Clybourn last night.

Jody said:
ten points for Ashland!

Dawn said:
—Ashland is hellacious to ride on, especially up north. I've had people yell at me to get off the road.
—There's a segment of Ridge crossing Clark up north that's tough to navigate. Generally, it's hard to get to the Target on Peterson from my location in Edgewater. If anyone has a good route, I'm all for it!
I live at the end of Sheridan, right at the curve. Cannot decide if riding on the sidewalk (illegal, yes) and avoiding old people is any safer than riding southbound on Sheridan to the lake path. I believe city planners have some delusion that I'm gonna add 6 blocks to my commute by going over to the bike lanes with the speed bumps and the scary tiny rocks.

They are idiots.

jamimaria said:
I think Sheridan is really bad. Super narrow and the cars all have their Lake Shore Drive mentality going on.
On the southside Ashland Ave., Western Ave., and Pulaski have to rank on my do not ride for any reason!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service