The Chainlink

At least for me. I have had some bizarre health issues that have kept my bike and I distant strangers this summer. Last year people had to practically pry my bike and I apart. This year I'm lucky if I get a ride in every two weeks. I haven't even been able to build up and ride stamina because once I finally start to establish a rhythm I have to take a break.

I built a beautiful new ride that has barley lost its new bike smell :( it's already had two flats. I'm having an icky year cycle wise.

Anyone else had a similar year or rough patch?

Here's to the calm after the storm. Hopefully I'll be able to get in a few rides in the near future. I miss mike bike. I guess its really true what they say, you never realize how much you love something until you can't have it.

Sorry for the depressing rant, just needed to vent to an audience that would understand.

Woosaaa happy thoughts..........kittens, rainbows, ice cream

Views: 650

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I broke the radius in my left forearm when I slipped on some black ice this past March 15.  Ten days later, I had a plate installed on the radius and wasn't medically cleared to ride until May 31. Unfortunately, I had a wait until June 8 to start riding again.  Since then, I've worked hard to make up for some of that lost time.

Glad to hear I'm not alone in my suckyness. I do hope to get back in the saddle again soon. We keep our bicycles in our apartment, so it's like my bicycle has been mocking me since being off. I'm hoping this weekend. I'm afraid to push it, but I really miss riding. Fingers crossed!

Good luck.  I hope you're able to take a nice, easy, positive ride this weekend.

I've had two bicycles stolen in the past three months, so, yeah.

On the other hand, last month, I spent a week riding around Berrien County, Michigan. That was fun. And I do my 16-mile round trip commute pretty much 5 days a week.

If it's a financial thing I'm in for $20. Anyone else?

If it's a financial thing I'm in for $20. Anyone else?

Michael Perez said:

I've got a primary pair on order and I have been looking at that site a while back ago. My prescription is though is a funny one. A Ray Charles prescription.

h' 1.0 said:

Do you have your prescription?

Single vision for $15 shipped:

http://www.zennioptical.com

Michael Perez said:

Feel ya. I broke my glasses and can't see a thing, but I still ride to work and do my daily tasks with a ton of trouble. I might have to take a break from my bike since I keep crashing into vehicles I can't see.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service