The Chainlink

http://chicagobikeswap.org

Summary:

Saturday, March 3, 2012, Pulaski Park Fieldhouse.

Some minor changes:

-More space

-Afterparty at Goose Island instead of alcohol at event

-Benefits Chainlink as well as Bike Winter

Oddly, the site is hard to find by googling "Chicago Cycle Swap" but maybe it will rise in the rankings as more people access it. So remember that the URL is Chicago Bike Swap even though the event is called ChicagoCycleSwap . . .

(edit 1/13-- apparently the event name has been changed-- thread title updated)

Julie and I will be working with Active Trans on volunteer recruitment (watch for a separate thread) , and Bike Winter will be setting up the slate of presentations, so send suggestions my way for what you'd like to see.

Views: 512

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tony Adams said:

Are they open to feedback about "-Afterparty at Goose Island instead of alcohol at event"? Local beer at the Renegade Craft fair and last year's swap was one of the highlights. 

----->>>>Maybe CHAOS can set up a table for promotion / fund-raising and samples ???  (iggi ?  anyone ? bueller ?)

Ok - as long as it is about the cost and not for any puritanical/prohibitionist reason(s) then I'm fine with it. It  was a huge drag now that you mention it, that one could not leave the serving area with a beer. At Renegade we were able to roam the entire facility with our cans of yummy Daisy Cutter or not so yummy PBR. I wonder if there is a way to allow that by paying more for security or something?

I'm also guessing that the craft fairs sell tons more stuff and can therefore more easily absorb the costs of selling beer. Then again, I'm also guessing that a less sober group of shoppers spends more money, so the extra costs might turn out to be a wash. (Unless the craft fair vendors also just pay a flat fee for a table as opposed to a percentage of their sales.)

h' said:

As I understand it that wasn't an easy decision. The cost to have alcohol at the venue was astronomical due to Park District requirements. I can get the details for you if you like.

Personally I thought the opportunity to enjoy a beer was very much appreciated at the proto-Swap at Jack's Tap, but I didn't get a strong sense of how much it added to last year's CSS, especially considering you couldn't leave the serving area with it.

But I think that decision has been made for this year. Goose Island will be providing food at the event, just not brew.

Tony Adams said:

Are they open to feedback about "-Afterparty at Goose Island instead of alcohol at event"? Local beer at the Renegade Craft fair and last year's swap was one of the highlights. 

h' said:

I'm sure they're open to feedback about this-- are you saying it needs to be on the main page?

sten said:

same grump I had about the Renegade fair - put the address of the field house on your website.

Looks like information on the site is now complete.

And apparently a decision was made to change the name, hence the 'confusing' URL.

http://chicagobikeswap.org

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service