The Chainlink

I've a bicycle to sell: $250 (but flexible).
Fuji: Newest 4.0 (purchased new, 28 March 2009).
Bike has about 5500 miles total, tires have less than 1000, cassette and chain have about 600 miles.
I've been caught in the rain a couple of times but the bike is inside-kept. It's in good condition, it's not new but it is in very good shape.
Frame: 54. Bontrager handle bars. Tires 700c x 28 (originally came with 700c x 25). Gears: 24 speed (3 x 8). Pedals: SPD, one side, MTB style.
Rack/carrier, computer, nifty bell and Owner's Manual included.

Interested? You know how to reach me.
I'll answer your questions and provide more photos if requested.

Help me clear space for my new bike!

Views: 2628

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OK, it's been several weeks and nothing. I'm guessing that no one is interested or I'm asking too high to start with and I still need the space, so ...

I'm lowering my starting asking price to $200.00 (and still flexible).

Take a look, let me know.

Thanks.

Looks nice. How is it at hill climbing? I don't mean like cyclocross, but like country roads in say, southwestern Wisconsin? Is the new cassette the same as the the stock? I just ask cuz it looks like the granny cog might not be quite as granny as stock? 

Is there much clearance for fenders with the 28s?  

Lowest gear is 30 ChainRing with 24 Cog. I've only used it up the hill to the parking lot at Milwaukee - Devon - Narraganset, it's steep. Climbs fine.

No fenders on it, never concerned myself about the clearance, I'll measure when I get home if you're interested.

Thanks Michael. I know that hill well, but it is just a pimple compared to the hills in the Driftless Region for which we need a bike.

Speaking of which, I'm assuming that for the other side of the hill the brakes are solid?

Granted, that hill's steep but very short.

Brakes are fine, approx 1500 miles of Chicago riding.

30 / 24 gearing. How's your motor?

Did you get around to measuring the fender clearance? thanks!

Oops, I knew I was forgetting something, sorry.

I'm not sure where you want measured.
I can hold a ruler so that the numbers are visible and take pictures, if that will help. There doesn't seem to be a lot of room, I have 700c x 28 tires on it; it came with 25s which would probably allow more room.

Let me know where/what you need measured and I'll get it tonight.

Tony Adams said:

Did you get around to measuring the fender clearance? thanks!

The ruler pics should work. They may be useful for other buyers as well.

28s are probably as small as we'd want to go as we will occasionally be hitting some gravel roads. But if we can't squeeze fenders in there it is probably not gonna work for us.

Ideally we should be looking for a touring bike or even a hybrid - but a bike this nice at this price is hard to rule out. So forgive all the annoying questions!

thanks!

edit: as for where to photograph - the choke point for rear fenders is usually at the brake where the bar connects the seat stays? (There is probably a name for that part of the frame?)

OK, I'll take some pictures tonight and should get them posted tonight too (I just found out that I must work later than usual this afternoon).

I shoot front and rear, trying to include any narrow spots.

No problem with the questions.

Tony Adams said:

The ruler pics should work. They may be useful for other buyers as well.

28s are probably as small as we'd want to go as we will occasionally be hitting some gravel roads. But if we can't squeeze fenders in there it is probably not gonna work for us.

Ideally we should be looking for a touring bike or even a hybrid - but a bike this nice at this price is hard to rule out. So forgive all the annoying questions!

thanks!

edit: as for where to photograph - the choke point for fenders is usually at the brake where the bar connects the seat stays. (There is probably a name for that part of the frame?)

Thanks Michael. I'm not in any huge hurry to fill this hole in the stable, so no worries re the working late or whatever.

Photos - not the best photos that I've ever taken.

There seems to be, approximately 0.25 - 0.3125 inches (about 4 - 5 mm) all around the tire/rim before anything gets in the way.

Let me know if there's a different angle photo you'd like. (it's difficult to get a phone/camera in to get a straight shot without some other part being in the way).

There are a few more pics on the next page ...

Attachments:

Here are a few more pics.

Attachments:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service