I am looking to ride Saturday to 2 Brothers brewery.  Any suggestions on the best route from Ukranian Village to the Prarie Trail?  Happy to have others join me for a fun ride and beers afterward.  Plan to metra it back.

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's right Chris! Hey Jeremy I'm riding to the Tour de Fat and hanging out for awhile before I get back on the prairie path to 2 Bros if you want to join me. Also, might even ride to 2 bros roundhouse in Aurora. Going for a century.
Augusta gets you out to River Forest, though I'm not sure how to get to the trail from there.

If you're leaving relatively early, I'm a big fan of going down Damen then taking Washington all the way out.  It's the most direct route, it's got a bike lane almost all the way to Oak Park, and you pass through Garfield Park and a ton of really pretty houses and architecture in a part of the city most of us don't visit very often. It's a very interesting ride.

The downside is that you pass through some relatively high-crime neighborhoods, so the later it gets on Saturday the more dicey things become. As with a lot of neighborhoods, your comfortableness and safety depend on what time of day it is, how many people are with you, who you are, etc.  But early Saturday morning it's a very pretty ride.

Thanks for all the helpful tips, but I think I'll postpone the ride in lieu of tour de fat.  Perhaps I'll c u there!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service