The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'trail' (30)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Rte 53 Extension TRAIL POSSIBILITY! - please sign a witness slip

https://activetrans.org/blog/support-bill-to-re-envision-route-53-extension The state had planned a highway extension all the way to Graysl…

Started by Marcusn

3 Feb 5, 2020
Reply by Skip Montanaro 0mi

Continued concerns about the trail separation

FYI, I saw this article from Chicago Athlete that discusses the issues with the trail separation and how we can continue to be heard. It is…

Started by Dawn

15 Aug 12, 2019
Reply by David P.

Call the Park District to get Saftey Cones/ Painted Cross walks on the LFT

I ride the LFT most of the year. After last summer's "re-surfacing, I had hoped that the Park District would follow up and paint the crossw…

Started by JoelS

8 Apr 21, 2017
Reply by Wuffie

Who cares for the LFT???

As a daily bike commuter on the lakefront path on and off for years, I've often felt insulted by how long serious life-threatening surface…

Started by Andrew Bedno

114 Jul 2, 2016
Reply by Joe Guzzardo

Snax+Drinx on the LFT

I've made yet another specialty map on Google: Snax+Drinx on the LFT Restaurants and Bars and Concessions (or at least vending machines) k…

Started by Andrew Bedno

4 Jun 20, 2016
Reply by Andrew Bedno

Winter is Coming: Do you know your snow trail etiquette?

Winter is coming up fast and pretty soon there will be some heavy snow on the ground. I know that fat tire bikes are all the rage right now…

Started by Matt

6 Oct 8, 2015
Reply by Tricolor

North Branch Trail new curve at Oakton/Caldwell

Anyone taken the NBT and rode the new curve?  They basically made the turn radius not as aggressive (guessing people went flying into the t…

Started by Chitown_Mike

6 Mar 16, 2015
Reply by Tom Z

Chicagoland Bicycle Trail Conditions

I'm wondering we can have a consolidated and dedicated thread for conditions on the various trails in the Chicagoland Region (e.g. IPP, Fox…

Started by spencewine

10 Mar 9, 2015
Reply by Andy J

Harvard, IL Stone Mill Trail, Long Prairie Trail, and Stone Bridge Trail

I took the Metra up to Harvard, IL today and road the three trails listed in the subject line. All three trails were if pretty good condit…

Started by Tom Z

3 Jun 23, 2014
Reply by millenial removing Bernie tattoo

Looking for paved trails for road bikes away from the city

My wife and I just got into cycling and purchased a Trek 1.1 and Trek Lexa C.  We also tow our 3 small dogs in a trailer.  Last weekend, we…

Started by Jacky Chau

17 Jun 13, 2014
Reply by Kenneth Page

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service