The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'commute' (33)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Making a Difference: Student Cycling Club at UIC Deliver Food to Local Shelter

Every week this cycling club delivers excess food from the UIC Dining Service to a local shelter, riding their bikes with trailers. Keep…

Started by Yasmeen

0 Oct 21, 2015

Scientific Look at the Best (and Worst) Ways to Commute

"What’s so intriguing about the Swedish study was that biking and walking helped people develop a greater trust in their peers and engage m…

Started by Yasmeen

0 Sep 30, 2015

And you thought your bike commute was scary...

I don't know that I could handle experiencing a real life version of Hitchcock's "The Birds" every time I went to work.

Started by Yasmeen

11 Jun 8, 2015
Reply by Anne Alt

Know someone thinking about bike commuting?

Here's a great read for friends and family thinking about or getting into riding their bike to work.  "A Bullshit-Free Guide to the Gear Y…

Started by Yasmeen

3 Mar 26, 2015
Reply by Chitown_Mike

U-Lock cable and face mask lost on commute :D

So, if anyone finds a U-lock cable and a neoprene face mask between Andersonville and the loop today, they're mine. Please don't ask...Whoe…

Started by Jasmin

0 Feb 12, 2015

Transporting My Kid

Greetings Chainlink!  Longtime rider, first time poster.  My wife and I are lucky enough to have welcomed our first child into the world ab…

Started by Rob Sullivan

20 Aug 12, 2014
Reply by Kat

1988 Trek 800 dropbar conversion - ultimate commuter?

So I am just going to copy and paste my CL ad for my bike.  There will be a discounted chainlink selling price where I'd ask $150 instead o…

Started by Chitown_Mike

3 Jul 22, 2014
Reply by Chitown_Mike

best route from lakefront path to west loop?

Recently moved to Uptown close to the lake and trying to figure out the best commute route to the West Loop (Washington and Halsted).   Hav…

Started by Jess Lynch

6 Oct 11, 2013
Reply by Jess Lynch

I have a bike. Now what.

Bought a bike yesterday. Women's Brown Schwinn Collegiate 5-speed made in 1972! I'm really excited about having a bike. I recently moved he…

Started by Morgan Allen

33 Aug 26, 2013
Reply by Shawn M

Commute Route from Wilmette

I am going to be in Chicago for the summer living in Wilmette by Plaza Del Lago and working at 35 E Wacker.  Want to bike commute.  Route r…

Started by Richard

16 Jul 28, 2013
Reply by Mike Keating

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service