Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

for sale: WorkCycles Cargobike Long

I've decided it is time to part with the bakfiets. I've moved to Bloomington Indiana, and the rolling hills are not so accommodating for a…

Started by John Boshears in Marketplace

4 Nov 14, 2013
Reply by John Boshears

Cyclist in handcuffs at MKE & Elston tonight

I saw a cyclist in a high vis jacket detained by a non-uniformed CPD officer on the corner of Milwaukee and Elston at approximatly 5:45 ton…

Started by Kevin Mulcky in Bikes and Bicycling

37 Nov 14, 2013
Reply by Diego Rael- 25.0mi

A Different Perspective on Cycling Fatalities and Infrastructure from across the pond

Boris Johnson says cyclists must obey law after fifth death in nine days Mayor appears to blame spate of fatal incidents on 'very risky' be…

Started by Kevin C Dormant in Bikes and Bicycling

7 Nov 14, 2013
Reply by Kevin C Dormant

Why everyone hates bicyclists—and why they hate everyone back (Today's Crains Chicago Business)

Nicely written article I think.  You? Why everyone hates bicyclists—and why they hate everyone back By: Daniel Libit November 11, 2013…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter) in Bikes and Bicycling

30 Nov 14, 2013
Reply by Gort 12-mile Pinklegneep

BFF 2013: Help Planning a Ride from Downtown to Logan Theatre for the Bicycle Film Festival

Bikes! Movies!  I just talked to Nico from 4 Star Courier Collective.  He is organizing this year's BFF the weekend of Nov 21-24.  More d…

6 Nov 14, 2013
Reply by Active Transportation Alliance

A new bike lock idea

A friend of mine sent this link to me. (I/we have no affiliation with the maker or the kickstarter account.) I thought it looked kind of in…

Started by Holly in Bikes and Bicycling

50 Nov 13, 2013
Reply by h' Zerocats

First Bicycle Helmet Vending Machine in Boston

Wow! Wonder if we will get this? And would you use it? Boston unveils first bicycle helmet vending machine Daniel Lovering Reuters9:53 a.m…

0 Nov 13, 2013

Tommy Godwin: Bad*** cyclist from yesteryear

In 1939, Tommy Godwin rode 75,065 miles (more than 200 miles a day for 365 days) and then kept going until he hit 100,000 miles. Can anyone…

Started by Will in Bikes and Bicycling

5 Nov 13, 2013
Reply by Skip Montanaro 0mi

Suggestions for a sustainable transportation gift guide?

I'm compiling a gift guide to sustainable-transportation-related products, things for the walking, biking and transit enthusiast on your li…

Started by John Greenfield in Bikes and Bicycling

18 Nov 13, 2013
Reply by Dirke

Favorite method for removing stuck seatpost?

Been working on this one for a while.  It's pretty much fused. When at it with a pipe wrench the other night, but no go. Favorite trick?  T…

Started by h' Zerocats in Bikes and Bicycling

30 Nov 13, 2013
Reply by h' Zerocats

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service