Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hilly Hundred Registration Available to You

I am registered for the Hilly Hundred, but cannot go due to a conflict.  The ride is October 10 – 12 this year.  I registered before the la…

Started by Duane O'Laughlin in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Sep 8, 2014

Fox River Trail from Dundee to Crystal Lake - finished yet?

I was on the trail last year when I encountered construction around Algonquin and then north of that, a river had washed out a bridge (that…

Started by ReNae in Bikes and Bicycling

9 Sep 8, 2014
Reply by XndeX

Bike Blogs Page Down?

Does anyone else miss the news aggregator site http://planeteria.org/chainlink/ that's linked to under resources (Bike Blogs)? I really li…

Started by Andy J in Bikes and Bicycling

4 Sep 8, 2014
Reply by Andy J

Hills that are accessible via metra.

Hello all Looking for a good hilly spot to ride that is accessible via the metra. No problem using a whole day to go, ride 3-4 hours and c…

Started by Christopher C. in Bikes and Bicycling

10 Sep 8, 2014
Reply by David Lieb

So do we even have any form of moderation here?

So after the amazing shit show that was Gabe and Michelle crapping all over the message board here I think it is a good time to ask this qu…

Started by Doug Haynes in Bikes and Bicycling

214 Sep 7, 2014
Reply by Doug Haynes

Beach Cruiser Advice

can anyone offer advice for buying a beach cruiser?  target has some that look super cool but I'm wary that they will ride poorly after not…

Started by CJ in Bikes and Bicycling

4 Sep 7, 2014
Reply by Steph

Biking for fitness

Looking to get into biking for fitness purposes. I live in the city and am interested in riding around town, on the lake front and potentia…

Started by Tom Bart in Bikes and Bicycling

12 Sep 7, 2014
Reply by chixieonfixie

Alex R400 / Shimano 105 700c wheelset, silver, excellent condition

Alex R400 rims, DT Swiss spokes, and Shimano 105 5700 hubs with quick release skewers. Great wheelset for commuting or training, durable an…

Started by Will in Marketplace

0 Sep 7, 2014

'Tis the Season for long rides

September has arrived and there are many centuries and close to centuries coming up in the next six weeks or so.  Some I know about:  Perim…

Started by Lisa Curcio in Bikes and Bicycling

40 Sep 7, 2014
Reply by Tricolor

Best way from north Side to medical district?

Hi all, Weighing pros and cons of different routes from the far north side to the medical district. I'll be riding off hours, 6am and 8pm.…

Started by csor347 in Bikes and Bicycling

12 Sep 6, 2014
Reply by Beth Binkovitz

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service