Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

To the cyclist hit on 10/15 afternoon on Spaulding

To the cyclist hit on 10/15 afternoon on Spaulding near Northeastern. My colleague witnessed the collision.  She has a photo of the car's p…

Started by yaj 7.4 in Bikes and Bicycling

2 Oct 20, 2015
Reply by chixieonfixie

More light discussion and a dynamo question

Chicago streets are very well lite, but head and tail lights make you NOTICABLE, there is a difference between being seen and noticed.I'm a…

Started by Rick norris in Bikes and Bicycling

10 Oct 20, 2015
Reply by charles hunnell

Backwards "Education" to Make Cyclists "Safe"

Ok, I do think it's helpful to have cyclists aware of the laws just as I think it's important for Illinois to adopt the Idaho stop. That sa…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

8 Oct 20, 2015
Reply by Tom A.K.

Turned away at Walgreens Drive-thru Pharmacy

I stopped by the Walgreen's Pharmacy at Western, Milwaukee and Armitage on my way home from work today to pick up a prescription. I decided…

Started by Laura in Bikes and Bicycling

78 Oct 20, 2015
Reply by Yasmeen

2016 Tour de France Route Announced Today.

Always exciting to find out where the road will take them... a little Spain, a little Switzerland, and a lot of France (of course!). This l…

0 Oct 20, 2015

Global Trends in Making Major Cities More Bike-Friendly

A few excerpts from this promising assessment of the global trend to reduce speed for cars, have car-free areas/weekends, and increase the…

0 Oct 20, 2015

Rules of the Road

While I mainly ride for recreation, I always follow the rules of the road.  Sadly, because I work in the West Loop, I see several, several…

Started by Carrie in Bikes and Bicycling

11 Oct 19, 2015
Reply by PK RPR

Bike-themed Ugly Holiday Sweaters?

Here's my entry: https://www.etsy.com/listing/210946195/deer-riding-bike-sweater-flex-fleece It's not THE ugliest sweater in the world, bu…

Started by LarryO in General Discussion (not bike related)

1 Oct 19, 2015
Reply by Yasmeen

Help a driver out...

I am a cycle commuter...in the suburbs. I'm not really experienced with today's bike lakes in the city of Chicago. I used to ride in the ci…

Started by Irvin Steinert in Bikes and Bicycling

6 Oct 19, 2015
Reply by Cameron 7.5 mi

New Yakima Swingdaddy 4 Hitch Rack - $350

Never used, still in original box. Carries up to 4 bikes and lets you access your vehicle without taking bikes off the rack. Retails $400,…

Started by T Mc in Marketplace

0 Oct 19, 2015

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service