Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Chicago's Spring Weather: 80-Degree Days, Less Rain, Early Summer Days

The last week of February or first week of March could see some cold, but after that things will warm up, Pastelok said. And summer weather…

Started by Gene Tenner in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

3 Feb 7, 2016
Reply by Yasmeen

New Wood St. Bike Lane Could Extend to The 6O6, Cortland St. in 2O17- DNAInfo

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20160204/bucktown/new-wood-street-bike-lane-could-extend-606-cortland-street-2017 Source: DNAInfo, article…

Started by Tom A.K. in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

6 Feb 6, 2016
Reply by Tom A.K.

Sharrows Are Not Effective Substitutes for Bike Lanes (Study)

"Study: Sharrows Don’t Make Streets Safer for Cycling" Sharrows are the dregs of bike infrastructure — the scraps cities hand out when they…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

22 Feb 6, 2016
Reply by mike w.

Various bike parts for sale

I have various bike parts to sell off. They can be picked up for free but I am willing to ship any parts if the buyer pays shipping costs.…

Started by Matt Talbert in Marketplace

0 Feb 6, 2016

eBikes - What's All the Fuss About?

While preparing to go to Interbike last fall, I was inundated with eBike marketing e.g. test rides, meeting requests, cocktail party invite…

17 Feb 5, 2016
Reply by Yasmeen

England Gets One Right And One Wrong

Because the Sun-Times and Trib are in their death-throes, I have the BBC as my home page for national and world news.  Today they ran this…

Started by Jim Reho in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Feb 4, 2016
Reply by mike w.

Isn't losing this nagging 10 lbs the same as buying a bike that's 10 lbs lighter?

I ride and love my jack-of-all-trades steel bike.  She's not the lightest, especially after adding commuting essentials.  But I must confes…

Started by Gail Artrip in Bikes and Bicycling

2 Feb 4, 2016
Reply by Anne Alt

Why don't I lose weight when I ride my bike all the time?

I read this article over the weekend and I've been thinking about it ever since. I'm trying something new - integrating different types of…

27 Feb 4, 2016
Reply by Gene Tenner

Nashbar Reduced Radius Rollers For Sale

Got this for $150 last July and realized that I don't have the balance for them, though I dreamed of dripping in sweat like the videos you…

Started by Mark Kaplan in Marketplace

2 Feb 4, 2016
Reply by Mark Kaplan

Tips On How Not Get your Bike Stolen.

Tips on preventing your bike getting stolen (for thechainlink.org) January 31, 2016 Hi, I'm writing this short article to…

Started by Paul Nelson in Bikes and Bicycling

4 Feb 4, 2016
Reply by Jordan Towne

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service