The Chainlink

Forum Discussions (15,457)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

One for the motorists

Hello Illinois Cyclists 2009 is here and we have an exciting new design and theme for this years National Bicycle Month License Plate: SH…

Started by M.A.R.K. in General Discussion (not bike related)

2 Jan 16, 2009
Reply by M.A.R.K.

negative temp, positive bike

I saw only 1 cyclist this morning, walking his/her bike over the Wells bridge sidewalk. No shame in that. (The plates are rideable, but I'm…

Started by terryg in General Discussion (not bike related)

7 Jan 15, 2009

CDOT Focus Group

CDOT is starting a focus group for cyclist-commuters: The Chicago Department of Transportation and the Chicago Transit Authority are conduc…

Started by Anne in General Discussion (not bike related)

0 Jan 15, 2009

Jimmy Carter's bike was stolen

Sorry I could not find a picture.. ATLANTA Jimmy Carter’s bike stolen from Carter Center Thieves also make off with wife Rosalynn’s bicycl…

Started by M.A.R.K. in General Discussion (not bike related)

3 Jan 15, 2009
Reply by Dottie

There is a road to ride on today...

... somewhere. I encountered lots of slush and moisture, but Lincoln south to Wells going south to the loop was rideable. Watch for pothol…

Started by terryg in General Discussion (not bike related)

10 Jan 14, 2009

The Chainlink in Crain's

Here's a link to Mondays' article in Crain's Chicago Business on winter cycling. http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/mag/article.pl?arti

Started by Anne in General Discussion (not bike related)

1 Jan 14, 2009
Reply by Active Transportation Alliance

Suggestions: good Alum. track racing frame.

This New Years kick for me seams to be track racing. I like my steel on the street, but I'm looking for something stiffer and lighter for r…

Started by GabeW (not the other Gabe) in Bikes and Bicycling

12 Jan 14, 2009
Reply by GabeW (not the other Gabe)

Ride Report.. Three Floyds

I was wondering today ho wthe ride went with the weather we were having at the time of the ride(I didnt go), and I saw teh pics that some o…

Started by M.A.R.K. in Bikes and Bicycling

8 Jan 14, 2009
Reply by payton

Surprisingly good commute

My morning ride today, going south on Lincoln, south on Wells into the loop, was surprisingly clear of snow and slush. It was wet and chill…

Started by terryg in Bikes and Bicycling

16 Jan 13, 2009
Reply by terryg

Tour Da Chicago 2009?

Just curious if anyone went on January 11th how it went etc... ? I guess the next race is on Jan 18th anyone planning to attend? http://w…

Started by Adam in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Jan 13, 2009

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service