The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,327)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Free beer! Goose Island-sponsored reading of "Bars Across America" Friday 7/22 at the Book Cellar

WHO: John Greenfield, author of Bars Across America: Drinking and Biking from Coast to Coast (Pint Size Press, 2010), pintsizepress.info. W…

Started by John Greenfield

0 Jul 21, 2011

Burning up the newswires on the west coast: bike vs. airplane challenge.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/07/carmageddon-bicyclists-challenge-jetblue-to-crosstown-race.html

Started by h' Zerocats

8 Jul 21, 2011
Reply by Thunder Snow

Need a bike to borrow 8/4-9 (can reciprocate after)

I have a 6'4" guy friend coming to town for the weekend of 8/4-9 and I wanted to see if I could do a bike swap with someone so he has somet…

Started by Joi Podgorny

0 Jul 21, 2011

Muddy Buddy Chicago

Hey, Chicago! Grab your partner in grime and get ready for a day filled with mud, sweat and beer! Now through June 31st, sign up for Muddy…

Started by Kathy Smith

3 Jul 20, 2011
Reply by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

fenders!

I'm looking for a set of short fenders for a new build. Does any one local make fenders by hand? wood? ti? stainless? I'm game for all types

Started by wig [ isaac ]

10 Jul 20, 2011
Reply by vxla

Ride needed to and from ragbrai

I am in search of a spot for myself and bike to get to and from ragbrai. I would be more then willing to help out with fuel costs and even…

Started by Michael A

0 Jul 20, 2011

Updated Chicago Bicycle Flag Patches for Bike to Work Week

In honor of "Bike to Work Week," Keating Law Offices and www.ILBicycleLaw.com have updated the Chicago Bicycle Flag patches to include gol…

Started by Mike Keating

8 Jul 20, 2011
Reply by Moc Artsy

New proposed Chicago River crossings in "Addison Corridor" w/bike paths

Not sure how widely this info has been spread, but imagine my (for once, pleasant) surprise to stumble on plans to produce multi-user cross…

Started by Carter O'Brien

8 Jul 20, 2011
Reply by David P.

Tour de Fat, Pitchfork highlight the pressing need for more bike parking at fests

Last weekend Grid Chicago attended the fabulously bicycle-friendly Tour de Fat bike and beer festival and Pitchfork music fest, two great e…

Started by John Greenfield

16 Jul 20, 2011
Reply by Steven Vance

Google Mapmaker

In my latest post I talk about using Google Mapmaker to label the bike paths and lanes near my home.   http://cyclingthesuburbs.blogspot.co

Started by Adam "Cezar" Jenkins

0 Jul 20, 2011

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service