The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,330)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bike Path Courtesy

IME people using the west suburban Prairie Path are pretty courteous about warning when passing, making room and such. They're also friendl…

Started by Old Tom

38 Jun 10, 2010
Reply by Cameron 7.5 mi

Gears...If you got'em use'em...Cadence is the key to distance, speed, and efficiency.

I just had to come out and say this because the number of people on geared bikes that doesn't shift are just hurting their health, fit, and…

Started by Ali

27 Jun 10, 2010
Reply by Amber K

Ray LaHood wants cycling as important as driving

This is a few weeks old, but I noticed it in my missed podcasts. "Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood announced in April that he wants to…

Started by Joel

11 Jun 10, 2010
Reply by Joel

Hit & Run SUV vs Cyclists in Four San Francisco Attacks

They say that social trends begin in California, and move east. Let's hope this is a trend that stays in the Golden State: "Hit & Run…

Started by clp

34 Jun 9, 2010
Reply by Leah

Hyde Parkers/South Siders heading to Naked Ride?

Things have been just sketchy enough lately for it to make sense to be leery of heading south alone late at night lately. Will anyone else…

Started by Dr. Doom

1 Jun 9, 2010
Reply by Chuck a Muck

How do you travel with a tandem in your van?

I'm looking to buy a tandem bike. I have hitch for my bike rack, But don't know how to take a tandem bike when we travel to WI, Mich, etc..…

Started by buddaa38

16 Jun 9, 2010
Reply by buddaa38

Climate Cycle's founder says: "Don't Blame BP" ?!

A Letter from the Executive Director Photo: Tricia Koning Dear Climate Cycle supporter,As an organization, Climate Cycle is founded o…

Started by rik

58 Jun 9, 2010
Reply by h' Zerocats

OT: anyone handy with a cutting torch or other cutting tools?

No, i won't ask you to remove a U-lock : )I got into a minor front end collision in my van (seldom driven, used to transport bikes), and my…

Started by Primitive Don

9 Jun 9, 2010
Reply by Old Tom

$900 2-bedroom garden apartment available July 1 on bike-crazy block in Logan Square

Folks,Wanna help contribute to the bicycle takeover of the 2400 Block of North Albany? A two-bedroom garden apartment is available downstai…

Started by John Greenfield

2 Jun 8, 2010
Reply by igz

Piling on the Stolen Bike topic

Hey everyone,   Not to throw gas on the bike theft fire that has definitely flaired up recently, but I thought I should post this as a warn…

Started by Jack

8 Jun 8, 2010
Reply by Anne Alt

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service