Time: September 19, 2015 from 10am to 6pm
Location: South Chicago Velodrome
Street: 8615 S. Burley Ave.
Website or Map: http://chicagovelodrome.com/
Phone: 1-872-588-7282 (Luv-SCVA)
Event Type: volunteer, work day, velodrome, south chicago velodrome association, scva
Organized By: Marcus Moore
Latest Activity: Sep 19, 2015
Everyone's Invited! Bring Team/Ride Mates!
Come any time, as you are, with or without a bike.
We'll be doing a variety of work including:
- Cleaning the track surface (easy)
- Weeding the infield (easy)
- Carrying supplies (easy, fitness helps)
- Assembling "the ramp" (moderate; strong and fit helps)
- Carpentry (moderate to advanced ability needed)
- Cooking at the grill (can be controversial)
Michael Genge MichaelG@chicagovelodrome.com is in charge of work Friday.
* Reach us at email@example.com or 1-872-588-7282 (Luv-SCVA) or just show up.
* Thursday is a work day too 12-6:30pm; Michael G in charge.
** Latest updates w/ Sept meeting & Director nominations here.
If you want to help but can't come by, please consider giving on-line at gofundme.com/SoChgoVelodrome
We're working to pay the track's balance and keep this facility in Chicago; we've paid about 1/3 of the balance but are behind schedule. We can't do this without various contributions from across our communities (and we're currently behind on our bills).
* We have a grill on site, feel free to bring your choice for it.