Time: June 7, 2013 from 6pm to 9pm
Location: Northbrook Velodrome
Street: 1479 Maple Ave
City/Town: Northbrook, IL
Website or Map: http://www.northbrookvelodrom…
Event Type: social, fun, racing, beginners
Organized By: Northbrook Park District
Latest Activity: May 30, 2013
Ed Rudolph Northbrook Velodrome – Meadowhill Park
Waukegan Rd and Maple Ave, 1.5 miles north of Willow Rd, Northbrook, IL - View map
Friday Nights - view Calendar
6:00 – 6:45 pm for racers younger than 18.
7:45pm – 8:10pm for adults.
7:00 – 8:00 pm for racers younger than 18.
8:20 – 10:00 pm for adults.
• $7 per person, Citizen Racers (Add $1 for race number for season)
("Citizen Racers" are children and families on street bikes) Citizen Racers will need to complete an entry form once each season. You can download, print out and complete this form in advance and bring it with you. Subsequently each Friday night you only need to bring your racing number to register. Download Citizen Entry Form
• 5 years and up. No training wheels, please - tricycles preferred for young riders.
• There will be a special tricycle race each night for interested racers.
• Stock road bikes must have functional braking systems, and areobars must be removed.
• Track bikes must not have brakes or a freewheel.
• The nightly schedule and events will be determined by race officials, and age categories may be combined
• Two separate events for each age group each night.
• Separate track bike categories will be organized, if there is sufficient demand.
• Track bikes and road bikes will ALWAYS race in separate events
Competitor Age Groups / Categories:
Citizen Age Groups - Road Bike
• <5, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-18, +19, +30, +40, +50
USA Cycling License Races
• Junior - Track Bike, Men Cat 4/5 - Track Bike, Men Cat 4/5 - Road Bike, Women 3/4 - Track Bike
Note: age groups/categories may be adjusted to provide racing opportunities for all.
• Race prizes will be awarded to all riders 14+ years old
• Primes and prizes will be awarded for ALL age groups/categories as available
• Prizes include: medals, ribbons, merchandise, trading cards and other kewl/fun stuff'
Friday Night Series Tips & Tricks:
• When warming up, younger riders should stay below the blue stayers line.
• A securely fastened helmet must be worn at all times
847-291-2985, then for cycling information please press 1.
A message regarding cancellation of racing due to rain will be available by 5:15 pm on Fridays.