The Chainlink

Not for a specific date.

http://bit.ly/156mwa

my questions.

1. Is Rush too narrow and busy for critical to pass through it?
2. Anyone know a way to get to the lake front through the tunnels of McComirk place or a way to get to the under pass without the pedestrian bridge (might be too narrow for a mass)
3. There is a tradition for mass to start by going south and then go clockwise. any special reason?

Views: 95

Replies to This Discussion

LOVE this idea. Direct contrast to the Sept. route.

Rush would be better on non-Fri/Sat.
I've done that McC bit, and there are wide passes if no games or shows, but don't remember exacts, easy to scope out.
Mass rotates plaza counterclockwise because of street directions there. Aren't some or all one ways?
North and East exits encounter heavier traffic. My policy tends to be flee downtown right away by Randolph. Overall clockwise routes may just reflect Northbound masses being slightly more common.
http://bedno.com/album.php?c=ccm
I agree with Andrew a great concept ride. Let's do it sometime soon!
Thanks for the feedback.
I changed the map so we don't go east of Michigan. it is a bummer because Columbus has little traffic and is very wide.
Regarding the ending point, I am was thinking about the lake because I did not have a better idea.
Indeed, the route goes through some barren areas. It would be interesting to go to some places off the track.

Is there much interaction with people besides hollering back to drunk pedestrians who shout "yay bikes" anyway?

possible changes.

1. start from the south and go clockwise skip rush and finish

2. make it the route for May.
I'd suggest a barren route for a month like February when the mass is smaller and there aren't many people out to interact with anyway. By May we've got a big mass and lots of people are usually out and happy to see us like we're one of the signs of Spring.

And our ride this month will be the day before Halloween so with most everyone in costume we will have fantastic interaction with the public. I will be carrying bags of candy to toss to kids as will many other riders.

For October we need a route where we'll see lots of people. We've had way too many northside routes this year so I suggest going through neighborhoods where people hang out on their porches on the south or west sides. Pilsen, Chinatown, etc.

Dubi Kaufmann said:
Indeed, the route goes through some barren areas. It would be interesting to go to some places off the track.
Is there much interaction with people besides hollering back to drunk pedestrians who shout "yay bikes" anyway? possible changes.

1. start from the south and go clockwise skip rush and finish

2. make it the route for May.
This map will wait.
- too long on Clark, Roosevelt, and Madison, esp. considering these are busy bus routes
- should turn onto Grand, just for giggles (since it turns diagonal further out)

many routes head south, then go north for three key reasons, IMO:
- the mass ultimately heads north anyhow, so it's impossible to have it start north then turn south
- at 6PM, traffic is lighter on the near south than in the near north (where it's gridlocked until 7-8PM); putting this conflict off until later just makes everything smoother
- in the north side neighborhoods, you're more likely to see people out later in the evening

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service