I'll be adding updates to this section here!
Feel free to drop me a note at email@example.com
We have a lot going on in the month of February. Here's the scoop!
Chainlink Team Member Roster 2017 (and growing!):
Caroline Rodriguez-Nelson *New!
Anna Robbins *New!
Yasmeen Schuller - Team Director
Melissa Zammit *New!
Zach Alukos *New!
Alex Braatz *New!
Kevin Duellman *New!
Geoffrey Harding *New!
James Liu *New!
Timothy Murakami *New!
Tiber Scheer (also races with The Bonebell)
Mark Wilson *New!
If you want to make it "official" and add your name to the list, please shoot me an email back and we'll get you on the list! If you know of someone that is interested in joining, let me know! We love to grow our team. :-)
Team Kit Order Is Open for the Month of February
This is a twice-a-year kit order for the team to order kits, jerseys, bibs, cold-weather kits, arm warmers, leg warmers, jackets, skin suits, booties, caps, etc. If you want to race and/or look awesome, definitely get on this order! Our second order of the year is in late summer in time for cx season.
Coaching & Training
The team has a coach with group and individual coaching/training options. You will be provided a flexible training plan that will include indoor (trainer/rollers) and outdoor options. Active team members can join the training plan.
We have a team of 5-6 doing the 62 mile race as well as a number of us that are going for 22 or 36 mile options. If you want to join us for this fun weekend, let me know right away. We still have some spots in the hotel rooms and transportation.
Still not sure? Or want to prepare for the race? Join us for the Barry racing clinic:
Zach is the team lead for training rides that will start in spring. There are also team rides that get organized for nice-weather days.
If you are in the suburbs or South Side, etc. but still need to get some group rides in, let me know! I can help organize you with a local group in your area so that you have training rides that are local to you.
Fun local events to meet other Chainlink members and be social!
Full Moon Fiasco on Friday
Chainlink Bar Night (February) at Emporium Arcade later this month
Rapha - Group Rides, February Lecture Series, and more
Check The Chainlink calendar for all of the local Rapha events (located in Wicker Park)
Team Information Session Northside This Week!
For those interested in joining the team and making it official, here are the next steps:
1. Let me know if you plan to be on the team and if you plan to race and/or ride for The Chainlink. We ask racers to purchase at least one CL kit to represent the team.
If you haven't filled out the team form yet, please complete this form: https://goo.gl/forms/RQMU8TTToGE9U6QA3
2. Once I hear a "yes", I will add you to our team FB group so that you can join the team and ambassadors. I'll need to friend you to invite you to the group.
Online order closes on February 28!
If you are racing, please make sure to order your Chainlink jerseys, bibs, arm warmers, jackets, caps, and/or whatever else you will need. We won't have another custom order until late summer (for cx).
Welcome to the Voler Online Ordering System
The Chainlink is using the Voler Custom Online Order System to collect and process your teams cycling apparel order. Please follow the steps below to place your individual order for inclusion in the overall team order.
1. Click on this link to access your team order site: The Chainlink
2. Click on “LOGIN” to enter your Login/Billing Info. Click on “Create Account” to save the information and to create your new User ID and Password. You will automatically be directed to the home page for your team order. If you are a returning customer, please use your original Login and Password.
3. Click on “Begin Shopping" to gain access to the orderable products page. To place items in your shopping cart, click on the item you want to order, then the options you want to select, then the “Add to cart” button. You can choose to “View Your Bag” or “Continue Shopping” after adding each item. Repeat these steps for each item you want to order.
4. After placing the last item you want to order in your shopping cart, click on “View Your Bag” to display the items. Carefully review the items and make any necessary modifications or deletions. Because each item is custom built, refunds and exchanges will not be accepted. After you have confirmed your order is correct, click on “Proceed to Checkout” to complete the secure checkout process by entering your credit card payment information.
5. After you have completed the secure checkout process, an Order Confirmation will automatically be displayed and e-mailed to you for your records.
6. After the order deadline date has passed, you will no longer be able to access the order site. If you have not completed the checkout process for your order by this date, any items in your cart will be removed. The Order Deadline and the Order Ship Date are displayed on the order homepage. The Ship Date is the date that your order will be shipped from Voler.
Thank you for your order. If you have any questions, please call 800-488-6537 and ask for assistance from a Voler Customer Service Representative, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chainlink's USAC club license is renewed. Please use "The Chainlink" (if you are on the team) when registering for races. Cheers!
A couple of updates:
The Chainlink Training Rides
The Chainlink's weekly training rides are underway. We have a Tuesday ride leaving at 6:30 pm from Turin and a Saturday ride leaving at 8 am from Perfect Cup. For more information, the training rides are on The Chainlink calendar.
We've also added some group ride resources:
Discount on The Chainlink Kit Orders Through May 15
Are you an official team member?
If you haven't yet made the plunge, this is a great time of year to dive in. There's no minimum number of races, you'll have a supportive team to cheer you on through whatever you want to do (races, centuries, brevets, etc.), a team to train with, and it's a great group of people. If you are interested in making it official, contact Yasmeen at email@example.com
Looking for Support While You Rack Up Those Weekly Miles?
National Bike Challenge is a great way to get more involved. Super easy to sign up with our Chainlink NBC team:
1. Join The Chainlink club on Strava (if you aren't on Strava, you'll need to join)
2. Join NBC
3. This is the Group/Team for The Chainlink on NBC. https://nationalbikechallenge.org/groups/1374
Note: It takes a few days for everything to port over to the NBC site so don't worry if you don't see everything right away.
Also, if you want to see more about what we're all about, come to a group ride and meet the team.
Have a great Spring!