The Chainlink

I am in the market for a cargo bike.  For one reason, I am interested in transporting my daughter (age 7) on my bike.  From my research, I really like the Xtracycle Hooptie attachment for safely transporting children.

My problem, I do not like the Xtracycle Freeradical attachment.  I really like the Yuba Mundo cargo bike and I would like to attach something like the Xtracycle Hooptie product to a Yuba.

Has anyone done this or know of any other cargo bike owners who attached a Hooptie to a Mundo?

Views: 6635

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A little bird told me that Yuba might be coming out with something soon.  Or those things can always be made or modified.

I heard the same thing from Yuba on their Facebook site.  That is partly why I am still waiting to make a purchase.  I had hoped by now they would have announced something or updated their website.

I hope you are right!

olloyd1 said:

A little bird told me that Yuba might be coming out with something soon.  Or those things can always be made or modified.

Yeah.  I wish there were something similar for the Transport.  That Kickback kickstand is great.

Zach Roberts said:

I too was skeptical of the Kickback kickstand being worth 150$, and I struggled by with a hefty traditional kickstand for a year or two, but once I used a kickback, I am a convert. Especially with high center of gravity loads, like squirmy, dancing, singing kids in the Yepp seats. The ability to mount the bike while the stand is still stabilizing the load, and then just push forward to release is remarkably well thought out.

David - did we meet in the cargo bike area of the swap today?

Our yuba was locked up out front next to our Madsen for awhile. I'm sure many saw then. But, if you did not and are interested in checking it out, send me a private message. We are in Logan Square.

Hi Anika, I was there and we did not meet.  Were you apart of the panel discussion on cargo bikes? 

When I'm grumbling about the cost of components I consider what the cost is in "number of gas fill-ups" and suddenly it doesn't seem so bad, particularly given how long good components will last. 

Zach Roberts said:

I too was skeptical of the Kickback kickstand being worth 150$, and I struggled by with a hefty traditional kickstand for a year or two, but once I used a kickback, I am a convert. Especially with high center of gravity loads, like squirmy, dancing, singing kids in the Yepp seats. The ability to mount the bike while the stand is still stabilizing the load, and then just push forward to release is remarkably well thought out.

David 4.0 said:

Hi Anika, I was there and we did not meet.  Were you apart of the panel discussion on cargo bikes? 

I was there early on before the panel and split after the family biking portion. But my husband and kids were there since our Madsen was in the rodeo. I talked to a David for awhile - just didnt know of it was you.

Hi! I'm picking up where this left off in March. I was trying to find a thread on the Yuba Mundo- I've been hitting Google pretty hard as I wait to pick ours up on Wednesday... I've decided to leave my little guy in a seat for awhile, though the monkey bars due out next week look awesome.  (I can't wait!) I just left a laundry list of questions on the main page. This was really informative- any thoughts on the go getter bags vs other brands?  Is the Yepp the seat that people seem to go with? Any difficulty parking it?  I'm hoping we'll see you guys around!  I'm sooooo excited to get ours :)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service