The Chainlink

We are trolling for routes that riders -especially those who bike with kids and or stuff-find to be the most quiet and useful in Chicago for the new Good Routes page of our Chicargobike blog. We are hoping to build a kind of clearing house for asking about and sharing good routes. Your daily commute and usual haunts might be useful to another rider looking to be in an unfamiliar neighborhood or on an errand to a not so usual part of town! 

For instance the guys and I did a ride to pick up a guitar in Lincoln Square this September that took us from UIC to Old Town School to UIC that  I experimented with- I was on Hoyne south for much of the ride to try some new side streets and wondered if there were terrific side roads other riders might know on the way slower but quieter that the main streets.

Views: 5399

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I live by Old Irving Park and I commute to my internship at River North. I find Elston Ave to be pretty safe due to its wide open bike lanes and there are not that many cars park going east from my place. My destination is Orleans and Huron so, I take Elston(SouthEast) to Division(east) and south on Orleans till I get to Huron. I feel that its a pretty safe route to down to river north in my opinion.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service