The Chainlink

Why on Earth Would You Pay Attention to Rebecca Black?

So Rebecca Black has 2 threads in the main forum and 1 in Kiddical Mass as I post this. And really i can only ask why over and over?

Is the Chainlink mainly made up of 13yr old girls? Is everyone on Chainlink hearing impaired? Does everyone here really love putrid music?

And how is it being debated that it sends a pro-car message? As much as we rail against cars all it shows is kids sitting in a car. That does happen in reality.

Views: 489

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Decent cover Freddy! ;-)

$2000?  Rich?

It's just priorities.  I'm sure there are a lot of people on this site who have paid that much for a bike. Hell I'm sure there are many people here who have spent more than that on a wedding dress they (or their partner) will only wear once in their life.  

Making fun of or talking about the whole crazy phenomenon of internet memes and what makes something/somebody find their 15-minutes of fame is by no means has anythign to do with liking the music or even hating it.  It's a whole cultural internet snowball-growing phenomenon.  Its the talk of the day and next week everyone will probably have already moved on.

But what I don't get is some class-warfare mentality that somehow attacks the parents of this girl for spending $2000 on a birthday present that this girl and her friends were initially very pleased with.  It's no different than wasting money on a vacation to Disney or a million other things people foolishly spend their money on.

You all should be glad people spend money on silly (to you) things.  It is what this world feeds off of and what powers it.  If people didn't buy silly things they didn't actually need most of you would be out of work.  We'd all be hunter-gatherers or subsistence farmers squatting in caves and grass huts. 

Gabe said:
you r missing the part where your parents r rich and produce the whole thing out of pocket and your rich parents know people that can get u attention regardless of whether it's deserved. and then fools actually pay attention and try to assign some sort of meaning to the drivel cause they have nothin better to do. :-)

Can we start a new group, Chanilinkers with Rebecca Black profile pics?

i'm argueing that these idiots blew 2k on this garbage and you must be pretty well off to do so and not blink. and i would stand by the argument that the wealthy have connections that the poor dont which is why this video was noticed by anyone. but in your need much like others apparently you are looking for a deeper meaning to it all. must be class wars! thank god for our crappy economy. blah blah blah. this song is drivel!!! can u even call it a song? she's auto tune talking. and a 13 yr old is not worth 2k worth of crap if u have any sense in your head.
ed, i just threw up all over myself! :-)
admit it Gabe....you're a fan too!  
your pic is freakin me out! :-)

2k isn't a huge chunk of money.  I feel sorry for you if you really believe that.

It's really cheap to produce something like this these days and like it or not it has better production values than many professionaly-made music videos of a few decades back.   If RB's parents felt it was a nice gift for their kid and something she could have a fun time making over a weekend for her and her friends then what is the big deal?  WHAT is the big deal with you about how OTHER people spend their money?  Is it evil for people to have $2,000 to spend on what they want to spend it on???

It's a class-warfare mentality and no better than people who are against others having fun and doing whatever they want with their own money/resources.

As for the assertions that her parents use their "rich white people" connections to get this video to become "popular" that is utter rediculous.  I'm sure that was the furthest thing from their mind when they made this video.  The video is not popular in any conventional measure other than being a huge laughing stock on the internet.  Very few people actually "like" the video and are only viewing it to laugh at and share with their friends so they can laugh at it too. 

It's a kiddie-project and nothing more.  Perhaps a kiddie project that "wasted" more money than you think is prudent but then again, not everyone is poor.  Some people have done well for themselves by exploiting their talents and skills.   What evil people they are for being successful!  Throw rotten eggs at the evil bourgeois capitalists!   Workers unite!  Arbeit Macht Frei!

You know, when you're proving Godwin's Law in a Rebecca Black thread, it's probably time to think about whether your tired Randroid schtick might need to be retired or at least retooled.

Godwin doesn't need to be proven any more than gravity.  It just is. Why bother to even point it out?

Do you feel the need to point out gravity every time someone fails to fly off the ground and away into space?

Doom gets's the comment of the year award! :-) i'm gonna laugh all damn day!

2k spent on a 13yr old girl is a big deal. do they have the right. absolutely. is it a good idea? no. it's not braces. it's not surgery. it's a crappy music video. and to compare it to the production value of vids in the 90's? that tech was the best they had. we have better now. thanks for throwing "white" in after rich. you people of all races can be rich right? :-)

anyway your drivel is tiresome. the main point is why r we paying any attention or assigning value (the car culture threads) and u r helping give it attention. :-)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service