The Chainlink

Tomorrow's forecast is 90 to 100% chance of rain.  The National Weather Service (forecasts always to be taken with a grain of salt) says 1 to 2 inches of rain, 30 mph wind gusts and thunder.

I am thinking Divvy might be my bike du jour if I find it is not raining when I want to ride. I love that option!

Views: 1331

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice topic.  I too am loving Divvy for the mixed commute segment options (ie. home to work, then train home).  My plan yesterday (Halloween, worked like a charm) and today is to leave early (like 3pm), to beat the rain front from downtown to Wicker Park.  They're begrudgingly OK with me saying I'll remote in the last few hours.

I love that National Weather Service graphs page.  Here's one centered on Chicago instead of Evanston.

My fave weather page is the one I built for us. Smartphone friendly current, forecast and radar: http://massup.us/weather

You can also text "A" (for Air) to u@massup.us for a forecast reply.

+1. Long ago decided I'm much happier biking, even in less than ideal weather.

in it to win it 8.0 mi said:

Five years in of biking to work. I've learned the only Kryptonite is Ice. When I do take public trans I'm always p**sed off.

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny, little wind and ending up around 51 or 52.  I am going to collect my niece in the morning and we are going to ride down to check out the South Lake Shore Drive extension and explore the area that will be the new park.  Then we are going to ride back north and have lunch.  Ride to eat, you know!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service