The Chainlink

Who did you run into that you know today on your ride? Today was unlike any other day, especially in nice weather.

Aaron at Belmont and Clark and then my brother's ex girlfriend/yoga instructor at Schubert and Clark.

Views: 8852

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

just don't tell people I was driving - shhhhhhhh
I won't mention it.
i saw a helmetless guy on a brown fixie with bullhorns blow the red light at Milwaukee and Ogden. I yelled a warning as he was passing and he barely made it in front of semi and through the other side. It wasn't even close, and he was lucky everyone saw him and put on their brakes. That intersection is not one to gamble with.
ok, update - i was hoping for runins with someone you know, not busting people for doing bad stuff.
I saw a girl on a sweet pink single-speed who was wearing funky sunglasses and had a flower in her hair.

I almost introduced myself and told her about the chainlink...does that count ???

DB

Julie Hochstadter said:
ok, update - i was hoping for runins with someone you know, not busting people for doing bad stuff.
No run-ins so far today, but there are several people that I see regularly.

Yesterday I saw my friend Anne and my boss. I've seen Dottie of LGRAB before.

I've seen Julie a few times, though it's been a while.

Seeing people and being able to talk is one of my favorite parts of biking!
Jamie, you are my everywhere girl.

jamimaria said:
No run-ins so far today, but there are several people that I see regularly.

Yesterday I saw my friend Anne and my boss. I've seen Dottie of LGRAB before.

I've seen Julie a few times, though it's been a while.

Seeing people and being able to talk is one of my favorite parts of biking!
I see Larry everywhere and Becca
Aww, I wish I had a sweet pink singlespeed! I'm usually riding a turquoise and orange vintage bike or a shiny new red mixte.

I generally don't pay attention to pedestrians on my bike unless they're stepping out in front of me drunkenly (ah, Wrigleyville) so I'm always self-concious when people tell me they saw me. Chances are if you see a girl sailing along Clark singing Sesame Street songs to herself, it's me.
Oh, a somewhat funny story about being spotted on my bike:

I am dating a boy who works in a coffeeshop. He was explaining to his coworker that we're nonexclusive and both date other people, and his coworker promised to tell him if any laydays come in.

I stopped by on my ride home last week to show off my NEW BIKE OMG STILL SO EXCITED and was peeking in the window to ascertain whether he was there when his coworker poked my boyfriend and whispered loudly "THERE'S A CUTE GIRL OUT THERE WITH A BIKE! GO ASK HER OUT!"
On my way home today, I saw Kathy Schubert and Pierogi John. Kathy said hi, but Pierogi John was looking very dapper and obviously on his way to an important function.
And I see Aaron everywhere!

Aaron Bussey said:
I see Larry everywhere and Becca

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service