The Chainlink

Who did you run into that you know today on your ride? Today was unlike any other day, especially in nice weather.

Aaron at Belmont and Clark and then my brother's ex girlfriend/yoga instructor at Schubert and Clark.

Views: 8852

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw Aaron Bussey and Will at Hop Leaf - we were enjoying some beers.

Aaron saw me 3 days ago outside my company's office building : we now work about 2 blocks from each other. Will works a couple of blocks farther for a competing company.

Hot Tip : buy stock in beer and whiskey related companies ... ha ha ha

I saw Garth and Alex and Lebster at the BtW rally; but that goes without saying....

Not sure who it was, but I have to give a big THANKS to the guy that gave me a pant leg strap yesterday, northbound on Franklin at maybe Monroe about 5:30pm. 

I usually change into shorts but had an event to go to and was struggling to roll my pants while at the stop light, until I heard someone trying to get my attention and passing me the strap - which was of course exactly what I needed.  Awesome!

Last night, I almost ran into Nançois on the LFP and then had as nice a ride with her as one can expect at 7:30 or so in the evening from Navy Pier up to about Addison.

That's funny, I thought it was I who almost ran into Lisa, who actually had the right-of-way at that point (oops!). We agreed we are counting the days until the Navy Pier Flyover! Anyone know when it will be completed?

The first phase of construction began March 24, 2014. The entire path is expected to be completed in 2018. 

Nançois 8.5 said:

Anyone know when it will be completed?

Bummer, that is like 1400 days from now. I am going to have to come up with a new coping strategy.

I unfortunately live in the desolate part of Chicago where Chainlinkers don't seem to wander or live in....sad panda.

But if anyone sees a guy on a black Trek road bike with a yellow backpack on Milwaukee or up in the Niles/Morton Grove area that is me!  Just don't be a scofflaw or I will politely call you out.

DAN BROWN!!!!  Topless on the Lake Front Path!

Were you able to wake him?

Aaron Bussey said:

DAN BROWN!!!!  Topless on the Lake Front Path!

The increasingly rare and elusive Ron, late of New Orleans, on Milwaukee Avenue looking dapper on a late 70's Kettler that he practically stole at an estate sale.

Brendan Kevenides on Cortland bringing his Christmas tree home on his trailer!

I ran into my clone self on Elston. I bought him a while ago to go into work for me but he split after a couple weeks. I tried getting my money back, but I didn't read the fine print or something. What sucks is that he's obviously doing better than I am right now. He acted like he didn't know me. The doctor gave me some meds to help.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service