The Chainlink

today i hated god, the mfg of my crappy gloves, all bus truck and deisel engine drivers, and this 360 f'n headwind!!!

Views: 130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i think a cold beer will solve most of those issues.  'cept for the crappy gloves
iggi said:
i think a cold beer will solve most of those issues.  'cept for the crappy gloves

No, no.  The crappy gloves, too, will seem perfectly suitable (or perhaps completely unnecessary) after three or four hearty beers.

I find Feb, March even April to be almost more challenging than Dec/Jan due to the bitter winds that contrast with the teasing sunshine. I grew up in Hyde Park and hated those early spring east winds. The lake has had all winter to bank the chill, which it spits back cruelly on the sunniest days.

Other than Steve MF Jobs there really isn't anything I "hate."  I have strong feelings and opinions but hate is such a mind-trap.  Fear is the mind-killer and hate is an energy sink that taps your reserves.

I dislike it when I get to the point where little things start adding up and bringing me down.  I really start to get to the point where I begin "hating'" on things when life stops being fun.  I've been on some rides like that when I just wanted it to be OVER and every little thing was making me hate on it.  I totally can relate to your morning ride.

Is it noon yet?  9:30am is a little early for me to start cracking beers -even for a friday ;)

My alarm clock.

i mean on the bike commute this morning...

gin i'm with you. walking the dog in a light hoodie in full sun with houses all around for windblocks made me debate wearing shorts on the ride in. glad i didn't cuz i really like those shorts, and i'd really hate to hate them if you know what i mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=solr1W5idNY

"Wanna beer?"
"It's 7 o'clock in the morning!"
"Scotch?"

OK, let me rephrase,

this morning, on my bike commute, I hated that phenomenon that makes time go too fast at night and then too fast in the morning as well (shouldn't it go too slow at some time to even things out?) causing you to have to rush.

it goes slow from like 2 PM til around 4:30. that part of the day takes about 7 hours for me. fluorescent lights play a role, no doubt.

How can a headwind be 360 degrees?  Isn't that mathematically impossible, and aren't 360-degree winds called tornadoes? :)

360-degrees is a compass heading -i.e. straight ahead. -otherwise known as 0-degrees.

exactly, james. and at that bearing - straight ahead - it's a perpetual headwind for this guy.

it may be mathematically impossible, but you are not accounting for murphy's law which trumps math, tank.

I read this wrong the first time

"...but you are not accounting for murphy's law which trumps meth..."

LOL

wigner said:

exactly, james. and at that bearing - straight ahead - it's a perpetual headwind for this guy.

it may be mathematically impossible, but you are not accounting for murphy's law which trumps math, tank.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service