The Chainlink

While riding today in the heavy rain (and being totally prepared) I thought about a couple of individuals who have given me invaluable tips, advice and general knowledge on biking and commuting.

Do you have anyone you'd like to thank?

I'd like to start by thanking everyone's favorite marauder, Mr. Martin Hazard. Marauding is only one of Martin's specialties. As well as a leader of many creative rides, he is an wonderful teacher. Any of you who have either taken one of his classes at West Town or dropped by Performance for advice on anything bike related will agree. He's a great resource and a super friendly guy who simply loves helping people.

Second person I'd like to thank, also related to West Town, is its founder Alex Wilson. He also has a knack for explaining complicated bike jargon in simple "laymen" terms. His passion for expanding the community of biking to children and lower income and minority groups is amazing.

I'm sure I have other biking teachers to thank, but these two have helped shape me into the biker and commuter I am (and hope to become).

Enough warm fuzzies from me….

Views: 354

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agreed!!!

Anne Alt said:
Jane Healy deserves an apple. She's been so helpful to people trying to learn their way around the southland, ride with kids, and in general. Jane - you rock!
Any one that has helped out other bikers while on a ride to fix a mecanical and the fine folks at the Zion Bike Shop-Don, Mary, Curt, Frank, David and the rest of the staff.
Don & Mary were the first to give me a mechanic job when I was only 15 & Curt was kind enough to train me. I ain't worked outside the profession since. Thanks to Zion Cyclery.

Jim "Niterider" said:
Any one that has helped out other bikers while on a ride to fix a mecanical and the fine folks at the Zion Bike Shop-Don, Mary, Curt, Frank, David and the rest of the staff.

Michael A gets an apple for just being him (and teaching me to ride clipless, searching for small road bikes, etc, etc). 

Ronit gets an apple too.  She has been so supportive and excited that I'm trying out cyclocross (and is even excited when I come in last).

And if you want to donate to her new film on Cabrini Green go here - http://ronitfilms.com/films/mixingitup_donation.html

Awww, thanks for the apple suggestion - that is so sweet. You bring so much friendly energy to the races - always got that big smile on your face and those fenders on yer bike!

Julie Hochstadter said:

Ronit gets an apple too.  She has been so supportive and excited that I'm trying out cyclocross (and is even excited when I come in last).

And if you want to donate to her new film on Cabrini Green go here - http://ronitfilms.com/films/mixingitup_donation.html

<blushing, but if anyone on chainlink deserves a special anything for all the hard work they do, it is you. The amount of time and effort you put into this is nothing short of amazing. In case no one else says this, Thanks for everything

Julie Hochstadter said:

Michael A gets an apple for just being him (and teaching me to ride clipless, searching for small road bikes, etc, etc). 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service