The Chainlink

With Valentine's Day around the corner, I started thinking about the "loves" in my life. My question to my fellow cyclists is...

What do you love most about cycling?

Views: 1096

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is so sweet Michael!  :)

Michael B said:

I love the look on your face when you're descending a hill at 50 mph Kelly.

I think you might be a little overzealous in your estimate of how long bikes have been around...

Kelly said:

To take an activity that has been around close to 500 years and use it for transportation, fun, fitness, social activities, and more....as you said, "what's not to love?"

Totally on the same page w/ you James. No forms, no lines, no permissions, no permits, no tickets, no insurance, no boxes to check, no waiting for the bus, no hot & crowded el or bus, no bumper-to-bumper congestion, no parking fees, no stressing over gasoline prices...

With a bike you just get up and go. Simplicity is a beautiful thing.

James BlackHeron said:

The thing I love about cycling is that I can be totally in control of the situation.  It is both Freedom and Simplicity in a age where everything is constrained, full of rules, and complex.

I don't have to buy gas or very much of anything special.  I don't need a license or permission from anyone or fill out any forms.  I don't need insurance or parking permits.  

I can just jump on my bike and ride anywhere without having to pay anybody for anything like gas,  other than a few expendable parts here and there.  Little things like a tube, tires, cables, brakes and stuff like that is just pocket change.  I can even build a bike for myself out of parts I can scrounge for pocket change if I need to.

The whole bike riding activity from start to finish is very liberating and freeing for me.  It's almost like walking but FASTER and a whole lot more fun.  I love the feeling of riding and the feeling of Freedom it gives me.  The wind in my hair and being able to just jump on the bike and ride at a moment's notice.  I love being able to ride anywhere in town and not have to worry about traffic congestion or cars in my way.  I love being able to park right in front of where I am going and lock up pretty much a few steps away from the front door for free.  There are no parking fees or worrying about getting back when the ticket expires.

What is not to love?

Scientists have found bikes in the wreckage of Atlantis.

That magical moment when I feel the cycling high and everything becomes effortless. :-)

My commute time is precisely zero. I step out the door, am at the gym, and then I'm at work. In the evening I leave work, play around a bit, and i'm home.

I get my best thinking done while riding (or walking and running).

I get the feeling sometimes that maybe there'd be more women on bikes if there was a bit less leering at women on bikes, perhaps.

Chris C said:

Women in cycling shorts.

It makes me feel like a kid again.

Can't we all just appreciate the human form without caling the burka police?

Peenworm Grubologist said:

I get the feeling sometimes that maybe there'd be more women on bikes if there was a bit less leering at women on bikes, perhaps.

Chris C said:

Women in cycling shorts.

I love singing at the top of my lungs while biking to work.

This Beatles lyric captures my sentiments completely: "Oh that magic feeling... nowhere to go."

+1

Ah, finally a name to the face (and the voice.)

Nancy said:

I love singing at the top of my lungs while biking to work.

This Beatles lyric captures my sentiments completely: "Oh that magic feeling... nowhere to go."

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service