The Chainlink

Mine is a Lady's Rudge - me on the right %-{)> Send in your photos!!!!

Views: 6667

Replies to This Discussion

That looks great, where did you get it?

jen said:
My new Marfield

The hardware capital of america. A little town west of here called Sterling
Kind of a hike for a new ride but looks well worth it. A possible new SOB.*

*Society of Obscure Bicycles.
Sterling, how appropriate! I've seen one or two Marfields (made by raleigh for Marshall Field) come through Working Bikes over the past few years.

jen said:
The hardware capital of america. A little town west of here called Sterling
My fine German Kalkhoff freshly rebuilt and ready to be practical for years to come; unless I wreck it again...

Chaps & Chappettes!

I was ambling by Uptown Bikes several days ago and spied some very nice British Steel for both the ladies and the gents, in good condition and at affordable prices! They're closed today but the rest of the time they're open:

Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Fri - 11am to 7 pm
Sat & Sun, 11am - 5pm

Feel free to mention my name to Nora or Katie or John!
Here are my Raleigh Sports. I have a Platinum 1973 and a Silver 1976. I've acquired them both within the last two weeks. The '73 was a local one owner.

Sweet bikes!
Indeedy!!!!
If you ever get/got to tackling the SW hub, I'm interested in hearing. I have one that slips 3rd that I have not had the courage to take on yet!

mike w. said:
1953 Claud Butler, built for a St. Louis, MO dept. store. Lugless brazed, pinstriped, alloy bar. Been languishing in storage too long and in need of a fixup. Got her at a police auction several years ago. The S.A. SW hub needs a rebuild. Anyone here good at that? i have the repair manuals, but i'm hesitant to start. Hope to have her ridable by May.
Just picked up a Raleigh Sprite 5 speed for a summer project. Mechanically sound and good chrome, but the paint is horrible. Help me decide between the original, 'Ivory Glaze' and 'Coffee'. Anyone with Sprite experience, I could use some help with parts sources.

Howdy all. Here is my latest British Ride....a 1970s Geoffrey Butler road bike conversion. Got the frame Friday, built it up Saturday and rode it for Sunday's tour. It rides like a lovely dream.

Cheers and cheerio.....Lee

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service