The Chainlink

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me host recovering from bike accident

Views: 275

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

September 30th anyone? They go on sale this Friday.

Due to the nature of the show, tickets are only available for sale roughly six weeks in advance. Click here for an Updated Chicago Taping Calendar and Frequently Asked Questions Post. Seriously. Click the link. It's very informative...

If you don't see a ticket below for a specific date, it isn't on sale yet or you need to refresh your online browser.

Any questions about tickets please email Don Hall at donhall@wbez.org

* AUG 5 (SOLD OUT) * AUG 12 (SOLD OUT) * AUG 19 & 26 (No Tapings)
* SEP 2 (SOLD OUT) * SEPT 9 (SOLD OUT)

Tickets on sale for Chicago tapings are below - scroll down.

Tickets for September 30 will be on sale on Friday, August 20 (10AM CDT)
It also looks like Sept 16 has availability. The show has open seating, so we don't need to buy together, we'll just need to meet up before they open the doors for the taping.
in the article, he states that he yelled "stop, stop, stop", and one of the comments says he should've yelled, "wait, wait, wait...don't hit me." :)
You may also be able to negotiate a group rate if you get enough people. I went to last Thursday's taping with a group of Windy City Rollers and we all got in for $11 and they had a section at the front roped off for us. It was great fun and they even told the host ahead of time that we were there so he called us out at one point. I think the person to talk to is Don Hall - donhall at chicagopublicradio dot org.

jamimaria said:
It also looks like Sept 16 has availability. The show has open seating, so we don't need to buy together, we'll just need to meet up before they open the doors for the taping.
Thanks Annette. I just shot him an email. Awaiting a response.

Annette said:
You may also be able to negotiate a group rate if you get enough people. I went to last Thursday's taping with a group of Windy City Rollers and we all got in for $11 and they had a section at the front roped off for us. It was great fun and they even told the host ahead of time that we were there so he called us out at one point. I think the person to talk to is Don Hall - donhall at chicagopublicradio dot org.

jamimaria said:
Holy cow, that was fast! So what say ye chainlinkers?

"Awesome. I'm sure Peter would love the support!

We only offer a discount for groups of 40 or more, but tickets will be
on sale for September 30 next week. September 16 is still available but
is closing in on "sold out" pretty fast."

Don Hall | Events Coordinator, WBEZ
Audience Services, Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me!
E donhall@wbez.org P 312.948.4644 C 312.608.0719

Chicago Public Media Navy Pier | 848 East Grand Avenue | Chicago,
Illinois 60611

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 12:36 PM
To: Hall, Don
Subject: Wait, wait, please tell me...

Hi Don-

You were identified as the man to talk to about groups which wish to
attend "Wait, Wait" tapings. We are a group from the chainlink dot org,
which also counts Peter Sagal among its bike freak membership. Given his
recent cycling mishap, we had hoped to bring a dozen or two cyclists to:
a. show support if he's still suffering; or b. give him a hard time if
he's sufficiently healed. We'd be interested in attending the Sept. 16th
or 30th taping. Though not completely necessary, everybody likes a
discount and we would be interested in hearing about any pricing options
based on group size. Your prompt consideration is greatly appreciated.

Annette said:

Thanks Annette. I just shot him an email. Awaiting a response.

I think that getting a group of 40 might be a little challenging. Perhaps we should just buy seperately? It sounds like we'd need to buy now to get Sept 16, but it might be a bit more timely.
I would up for going, either date is fine with me.
I'd be up for either date as well, but don't know what "closing in on "sold out" pretty fast" means. Hate to have twelve people who want to go and only 10 remaining tickets available.
Well, then maybe we should just do the 30th? This way we can build up a bigger group.

Kevin Conway said:
I'd be up for either date as well, but don't know what "closing in on "sold out" pretty fast" means. Hate to have twelve people who want to go and only 10 remaining tickets available.
I can do 30th.
Two Initial thoughts/questions:

1) What time is the show?

2) I bet we could get 40 Chainlinkers if we all put our heads together! I mean, come on, there are 4000 riders on the this site and another XXX that look at this site often but aren't members.

My 2 cents.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service