The Chainlink

After I locked up my bike this morning, a car pulled in behind me.  Inconvenient for bikers, but surely they were just there do drop something off, and didn't want to pay $20 of downtown parking.  I won't begrudge them that.

I go out to do some errands during a late lunch, and low and behold, the car is still there!

Whaaat?  My bike was pretty near the middle, so getting it out (and later back in) was a challenge.

I called up the building management, to see if they could get a warning, or maybe a ticket, or something. The woman asks for the cars details (thank goodness I took pictures to share here), and then says, "ok, we can just have that towed."

Well ok then.  I feel a bit bad, because having your car towed sucks... but I don't feel that bad.

Views: 1414

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

+1

Lincoln Towing is all you need to put on a sign.  No Parking is redundant after mentioning that company. If they don't get that the person who put the sign there is serious then there is nothing that will stop them from parking.

Yo, ho -tow 'em away!

Anne Alt said:

Yo ho tow 'em away!  Yes, that's a link.  Click it for an appropriate musical response.

LOL

Andrew Bedno said:

They're actually touching the bikes?  Clearly intentional, likely a hater. They drew first blood, so all's fair.

I forgot about that song!  And nothing has changed since Bilandic was mayor ;-).

Anne Alt said:

Yo ho tow 'em away!  Yes, that's a link.  Click it for an appropriate musical response.

That's even worse than people leaving shopping carts blocking bike racks.  At least you can move the shopping carts away.  I approve your move.

The tow was richly deserved and the driver won't be doing that again. And yes, if I wanted to get my bike in or out of there, I'd have gone out of my way to dent and scratch just to drive home the message.

Why does one person being a jerk mean that others have to be jerks in return?

And yes, if I wanted to get my bike in or out of there, I'd have gone out of my way to dent and scratch just to drive home the message.

Because jerkitude is contagious!  Like when a cyclist blows a red light and a driver yells at him/her and gets the finger in return. . . or when a driver blows a red light and a cyclist yells at him/her and gets a finger in return. 

embeds are cool

Anne Alt said:

Had the driver only parked there for 15 minutes--heck, even an hour--that wouldn't have been so bad.  

But all morning?  Come on.  This tow was well deserved.

I wonder what the sign above the rack says?

I don't endorse this action everytime, but a Schrader valve stem wrench is lightweight and opposite side tires on opposite ends of a car really sucks.  Happened to me in a former life.  I deserved it.

I'm better now.

BikeBoy5

Karma is karma...

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service