The Chainlink

September has arrived and there are many centuries and close to centuries coming up in the next six weeks or so.  Some I know about:  Perimeter Ride, North Shore Century, Apple Cider Century.  Who is planning to ride these?  What other organized rides are you planning to ride? Are you planning any self-supported stuff?

So post about your rides and if you are looking for company on any of them, post that here, too!

A lot of the rides folks have mentioned below are annual events, so I am going to list them here, but with this year's dates:

Past:  Two Rivers Century August 3, 2014

Four Star Bike and Chow, September 7, 2014

Harmon Hundred, September 7, 2014

Wabash County Dam to Dam, September 14, 2014

North Shore Century, September 21, 2014

Apple Cider Century, September 28, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Ride, October 5, 2014

Hilly Hundred Weekend, October 10-12, 2014

Views: 1179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am doing the Four Star and North Shore, but I am going to take one of the shorter routes on each of them due to my recovery from the wrist fracture. I'll probably do the second-longest option in both of those rides.

I've Divvied from Andersonville to 24th/Western a few times in the past few weeks.... that's my idea of a long ride these days :-)

Signed up for 100 NSC and 100 Apple Cider. Want to sign up for Hilly Hundred, but I don't know if I can go yet

I'm already signed up for  Tri Right 101 Bike Ride in New Lennox on the 14th.
I did a century on trails before. This is my 1st organized century.
I did 62 miles on July 4th in 4:30! So I'm hoping I can finish in 7 hours.

I usually try to start by 6:30 at the latest, however I will have to ride the 11 miles from home just to get there first...it will be a long day in the saddle.

Josh.E said:

What time are you going to start?  I might be down to join you guys.

Chitown_Mike said:

I'll be at the NSC again, my third year and by far my favorite ride. 

If anyone is looking to boogie I am putting together a group to average 18 MPH moving for the whole thing.  I want to do the whole ride, stops included, in under 7 hours.  6 1/2 is the stretch goal.

Reminds me of last year where I rode from Loyola to UIC and back in addition to the Four Star itself.

I'd like to ride with you guys. As we get closer, I'll message you.

Chitown_Mike said:

I usually try to start by 6:30 at the latest, however I will have to ride the 11 miles from home just to get there first...it will be a long day in the saddle.

Josh.E said:

What time are you going to start?  I might be down to join you guys.

Chitown_Mike said:

I'll be at the NSC again, my third year and by far my favorite ride. 

If anyone is looking to boogie I am putting together a group to average 18 MPH moving for the whole thing.  I want to do the whole ride, stops included, in under 7 hours.  6 1/2 is the stretch goal.

I updated the original post to list the rides mentioned so far in the thread--mostly so I could find them myself when I start planning next year!

Also, riding the 43 mile route of the 4 star on Sunday.  I expect to get to UIC around 7:15 and I am going to wear my Chainlink jersey. :-)  Hope to see some of you on the route.

How many stops did it take to keep it under 30 minutes per ride?  I rode a divvy once and the one I had (a friend rented) didn't shift so I was spinning like mad to go 2 mph (over-exaggeration of course).

h' 1.0 said:

I've Divvied from Andersonville to 24th/Western a few times in the past few weeks.... that's my idea of a long ride these days :-)

I am planning on doing the North Shore Century and the Perimeter Ride. Should be fun. I would love to meet up for the North Shore Century.

Joe and Laterne.....let me know it would be great to have a group to ride with, makes it a bunch more enjoyable

I'll be managing the Dan Ryan Woods water stop. Make sure to say Hi!

Lisa Curcio 6.6mi said:

I updated the original post to list the rides mentioned so far in the thread--mostly so I could find them myself when I start planning next year!

Also, riding the 43 mile route of the 4 star on Sunday.  I expect to get to UIC around 7:15 and I am going to wear my Chainlink jersey. :-)  Hope to see some of you on the route.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service