The Chainlink

It's mostly because we get paid bullshit.

Seriously, do you have any idea how annoying it is to get bitched at about the cost of a tune up when you don't make shit?

Views: 4605

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's not worth a hundred bucks?

You told me the shop I work at ripped you off and I'm trying to make it right but that isn't worth it to you? 

If it was not an issue worth making right how is it an issue worth complaining about?  Just curious but did you even give the shop a chance to make it right or did you just decide to complain here?

You seem to like to talk about the fact that you were 'wronged' but don't want to give any details which leads me to wonder were you even wronged in the first place?

Haddon said:

It's really not worth the bother, any of it. 

notoriousDUG said:

There isn't anybody to argue with right now...

I notice you haven't given any details on how a shop tried to rip you off or answered any of the pricing questions I asked...


Haddon said:

I'm more wondering if the DUG got himself shot?  He went from mighty a tizzy to stone silent pretty quick.

I'd also like to ad that based on the names on your blog you have never made a purchase at the shop I work at...

Haddon said:

It's really not worth the bother, any of it. 

notoriousDUG said:

There isn't anybody to argue with right now...

I notice you haven't given any details on how a shop tried to rip you off or answered any of the pricing questions I asked...


Haddon said:

I'm more wondering if the DUG got himself shot?  He went from mighty a tizzy to stone silent pretty quick.

Wonderfully full of cookies!

Thanks again!

Michael B said:

I'm happy to report that he is just fine. I just picked up a set of wheels he built for me. Wonderful mechanic.

Haddon said:

I'm more wondering if the DUG got himself shot?  He went from mighty a tizzy to stone silent pretty quick.

name used, legal name, yea a hundred bucks isn't that big a deal to me.  Asked to be called on repairs depending on price, repairs were done anyway - for a lot.  Take care, really don't want to interact with you at all I should have let you go on making an ass of yourself and not taken the bait.  Pretty happy with my life these days don't even begin to want to interact with some one as miserable as you.  Best. H

notoriousDUG said:

I'd also like to ad that based on the names on your blog you have never made a purchase at the shop I work at...

Haddon said:

It's really not worth the bother, any of it. 

notoriousDUG said:

There isn't anybody to argue with right now...

I notice you haven't given any details on how a shop tried to rip you off or answered any of the pricing questions I asked...


Haddon said:

I'm more wondering if the DUG got himself shot?  He went from mighty a tizzy to stone silent pretty quick.

I have my bikes worked on often at many local shops, Johnny Sprockets, Turin, Get a Grip, Iron cycles and Element have all worked on one bike or another of mine over the last 5 yrs. Without making his head swell too much Doug was able  to diagnose and fix a problem with my CX bike that had been annoying me for the 3 yrs I owned it. A creaky headset had been replaced several times and by several shops< I was about ready to scrap the frame when Doug used some persistence and skill to get it fixed. No one is perfect and some folks may come off more gruff then others. In my opinion Doug is one of the better mechanics out there, I personally think it is because of aviation repair background and always servicing items according to the manual. If someone can keep a helicopter in the air carbon fiber Italian bike parts are a breeze.

Thanks!

Michael A said:

I have my bikes worked on often at many local shops, Johnny Sprockets, Turin, Get a Grip, Iron cycles and Element have all worked on one bike or another of mine over the last 5 yrs. Without making his head swell too much Doug was able  to diagnose and fix a problem with my CX bike that had been annoying me for the 3 yrs I owned it. A creaky headset had been replaced several times and by several shops< I was about ready to scrap the frame when Doug used some persistence and skill to get it fixed. No one is perfect and some folks may come off more gruff then others. In my opinion Doug is one of the better mechanics out there, I personally think it is because of aviation repair background and always servicing items according to the manual. If someone can keep a helicopter in the air carbon fiber Italian bike parts are a breeze.

Dude, you say my shop ripped you off, but you give no details and you are not in our system at all and then claim it's not worth your time to deal with righting a $100 wrong?  I'm sorry but you have never patronized Element and I am pretty pissed you would imply we ripped you off when you have never been a patron here.

Haddon said:

name used, legal name, yea a hundred bucks isn't that big a deal to me.  Asked to be called on repairs depending on price, repairs were done anyway - for a lot.  Take care, really don't want to interact with you at all I should have let you go on making an ass of yourself and not taken the bait.  Pretty happy with my life these days don't even begin to want to interact with some one as miserable as you.  Best. H

notoriousDUG said:

I'd also like to ad that based on the names on your blog you have never made a purchase at the shop I work at...

Haddon said:

It's really not worth the bother, any of it. 

notoriousDUG said:

There isn't anybody to argue with right now...

I notice you haven't given any details on how a shop tried to rip you off or answered any of the pricing questions I asked...


Haddon said:

I'm more wondering if the DUG got himself shot?  He went from mighty a tizzy to stone silent pretty quick.

My legal name (used in regards to money) is different that my walking around name, how I work it.  Receipts are long lost, long ago, I'm enough past it to go revisit it.  Please, your a walking bad advertisement for your company, insulting potential customers before they even walk in the door. I really honestly want nothing to do with you, wish I realized this sooner. Best, take care, try smiling.

I would say you claiming we ripped you off is bad advertisement as well and I'm trying to rectify it but you seem to have no desire to do so.

No receipt needed; PM me your info and I can look at the work order and I can refund for any labor that was charged without approval.  

Element in Oak Park only has me and one other mechanic, it seems unlikely that work would have been done without approval but if it was i would like to make that right but I cannot find any record of you in our system for any of our shops.

Haddon said:

My legal name (used in regards to money) is different that my walking around name, how I work it.  Receipts are long lost, long ago, I'm enough past it to go revisit it.  Please, your a walking bad advertisement for your company, insulting potential customers before they even walk in the door. I really honestly want nothing to do with you, wish I realized this sooner. Best, take care, try smiling.

Haddon still thinks you work at Rapid Transit.

Give it a rest.

Oy, my apologies are due, I hear by apologize to Element, its employees and employes, customer base and whom ever else might be necessary.  RT north gave me the shaft, (though I still frequent RT south).  DUG, I had convesations with you at RT and you know your shit but here, on the chainlink it's like your sitting around waiting to be indignant and you make the site less pleasant for all involved. Again my apologies where they are due.

h' 1.0 said:

Haddon still thinks you work at Rapid Transit.

Give it a rest.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service