The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I "love" it when cars pass bikes and then we pass em back, do they not know we are typically faster in the morning/evening rush. 

We need to all work together cars, peds, and bikes to make the commute smooth.

Happens to me all the time! Love those people! Last gift I received was a half full and thick Joy Yee "Bubble" smoothie.

Laura C said:

To the person who put his or her not quite empty Qdoba cup in my milk crate near Diversey and Clark, I wanted to let you know that the large, metal bins with all the trash in them is the appropriate receptacle.  Thank you. 

A hearty 'fuck you' to the step van driver waiting to ruen left from Ogden onto Ashland who saw me coming, waited until I was in the intersection...and then turned left in front of me. You're one of those people that makes me wish I had something to throw at through that open door.

David, I have my Big Shoulders Realty water bottle that is big and heavy and flies well. I would hope that tey recover the bottle and call Lee so he can give them shit too! :)

Dear Wicker Park BMW convertible driver,

Just an FYI, when I yelled 'watch it' and hit your car it was because you right hooked me without a turn signal.  Usually I would not have put much effort into turning it into an altercation but your yelling, 'don't touch my car asshole.' kinda pissed me off.  

love the "don't touch my car" crowd. I would not touch it if you were not close enough to me to allow me to touch it.

Agreed. I wouldn't touch a car if the driver hadn't almost violated my mortal body. Your 2k pound earth-raping hunk of metal armor will be just fine... my 120 pound body (regardless of helmet) and precious bike would not fare nearly as well. It is hilarious how offended some motorists get when I "politely" tap their hoods in defense of myself on the road. 

I got some heat from a rather large woman after I punched the hood of her mini-van going south on Damen during that rainy day a week or so ago. Waiting at a light, she pulled into the bike lane suddenly and with no signal or warning (I assume to get past traffic) and almost took me out. Glad I was paying attention and able to stop short of her horrible light purple vehicle. It scared the shit out of me and she seemed to want to continue using the bike lane as a fast lane, so I laid one wimpy-white-girl punch into the hood of her car. (bonus points - she was on her cell phone) Light went to green and she yelled, "Don't touch my car, bitch!" "Look where you're going!" I responded and she zoomed off. Hilarious watching her try to avoid me as I passed her several more times on the way home. I would never throw a U-Lock through a windshield but incidents like this encourage me to fantasize a bit... 

This thread is the best therapy. :) 

I've had to deal with some drivers who don't seem to have the faintest idea what a bicycle is.  Explaining bicycling to them seems about as futile as trying to explain snow to a native of the Amazon River in Brazil.

Wow.  A lot of folks who drive N Sheridan between the Loyola campus and the LFP are truely horrible (and stupid).  Yesterday I was riding southbound to get back to the LFP in the right lane.  I was keeping up with traffic, so not even hindering the progress of any of the 3 drivers who decided to yell at me to get off the road.  The animal behind me thought it was his duty to lay on the horn for 3 solid blocks behind me.  We finally hit a light, and we all stopped together. Shouts of "put that thing on the sidewalk where it belongs" and "you're not allowed to be on Sheridan" came from these morons.  My reply of "I am exactly where I am suppossed to be" was met with "read that sign, asshole.  It says 'no bicycles'" by the dumbest one.  He felt really stupid when I completed reading the sign for him - 'on the sidewalk'.

As much as these North Shore assholes want it to be, Sheridan Road is not Lake Shore Drive.

NYC why didn't you use Kenmore or Winthrop, seems safer?

No doubt, I will in the future.  I was taking a leisurely ride (up to that point) on my day off yesterday.  I hadn't yet been in that hood, so I was unfamiliar.  Just ended up on Sheridan exiting the campus.  Knew it was only a mile to the path. 

I believe that bikes are not allowed on Sheridan between Hollywood and the campus (Devon?).  Unfortunately, the bike route to the LSP from campus is not well marked coming from the north!  It's hard to miss if you are at the north end of the path headed north.  Still, not an excuse for drivers to be rude.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service