The Chainlink

The Phase Wants to Feed You Real Food.

We are offering the resources to make your life better.

Because you deserve better.

Send an email to themolecularcollective@gmail.com to bring these resources into your home And greet your freedom at your doorstep at dawn.

Learn to feed yourself.

Learn to change the system.

thephasist.tumblr.com

Views: 408

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would say that this ceased to be a civil discussion when people started resorting to personal attacks on my intelligence and property, rather than arguing against my points with facts of their own. I feel that I've explained myself and the collective to the best of my ability and I also feel that really no matter what I write here, you're just going to come back and deride me some more for it. So let's just agree to disagree, hm? Thanks for your input, notoriousdug.

What can you say in a one-off email -- unless you are planning to spam people constantly -- that you can't post on a message board?  It isn't posted on your website, which seems like the perfect place to share your plan.

Daniel Mirzakhani said:

The Phase has put together a distinct plan, and this is it. Advertise for interested parties, gather email addresses, and then proliferate information. We have a detailed, stylized plan and it would not do justice to the hard work of the collective to try and post it on a message board.

We have a beautifully designed "brochure," if you will, of resources and services, that wouldn't be able to be posted on this message board. Our tumblr site isn't capable of featuring that content either. It is multiple pages, and as more posts are made, would be lost down in the depths of old posts. If you or anyone know of a digital hosting site that can feature multiple page programs, we'd love to hear about it.

We would attach the program as a pdf to the emails. If there are any specific needs you would like to have filled, or any specific information you'd like to have, about urban gardening, GMO's, etc., you can explain that to us in the email and then we will tailor that information to your needs. Thanks Joel!

Joel said:

What can you say in a one-off email -- unless you are planning to spam people constantly -- that you can't post on a message board?  It isn't posted on your website, which seems like the perfect place to share your plan.

Daniel Mirzakhani said:

The Phase has put together a distinct plan, and this is it. Advertise for interested parties, gather email addresses, and then proliferate information. We have a detailed, stylized plan and it would not do justice to the hard work of the collective to try and post it on a message board.

I can't agree to disagree because you still have not told us what it is, exactly, you people do!

If you think you have explained you and the collective to the best of your abilities and nobody here really understands what your purpose is do you think calling your communications skills into question is really unwarranted?  A whole group of people still have no idea what you are talking about or what your group does and I am pretty sure the problem does not lay in their ability to comprehend...

As for the bicycle comments, if you rode a frame that actually fit you properly you could avoid any 'insults' there.  Unless of course you have really long ape like arms and need all the extra reach in which case I apologize for mocking your handicap.

If you came back and gave a clear and concise summary of who your group is, what it's goals are and how it plans to achieve them I would remain silent on that front because you will have answered the questions.  As of right now, by your definition, you are a group of many people with many talents who want to change us all for the better in ways you have not really defined beyond the fact you obviously want us to eat less processed food.

Here, I'll make it simple for you and do bullet points:

1. Who is your group?

2. What, in simple terms, are you trying to do?

3. How do you plan to do it?

4. What resources are you using/offering to enact this plan?

I will also share with you a valuable piece of advice for anyone trying to 'spread the gospel' of whatever it is they are fighting for:

You need to have an 'elevator speech,' that clearly lays out your project/cause/what-the-fuck-ever.  An elevator speech is a quick summary of the 4 questions I ask that can be used to quickly generate interest in your project; something that can encompass your whole deal in the space of an elevator ride.  If your goal cannot be distilled down to a 2-4 minute speech you are not going to achieve anything beyond strangling in your own complexity.

Daniel Mirzakhani said:

I would say that this ceased to be a civil discussion when people started resorting to personal attacks on my intelligence and property, rather than arguing against my points with facts of their own. I feel that I've explained myself and the collective to the best of my ability and I also feel that really no matter what I write here, you're just going to come back and deride me some more for it. So let's just agree to disagree, hm? Thanks for your input, notoriousdug.

I hear there is this AMAZING new technology out there that allows you to create a bunch of 'pages' which other people can access from their home computer via a series of tubes.  I think it is called the interbasket or world wide webberverse or something...

I'd sure like to see this brochure that is 'to awesome for the internet' but my inbox remains empty...

Daniel Mirzakhani said:

We have a beautifully designed "brochure," if you will, of resources and services, that wouldn't be able to be posted on this message board. Our tumblr site isn't capable of featuring that content either. It is multiple pages, and as more posts are made, would be lost down in the depths of old posts. If you or anyone know of a digital hosting site that can feature multiple page programs, we'd love to hear about it.

We would attach the program as a pdf to the emails. If there are any specific needs you would like to have filled, or any specific information you'd like to have, about urban gardening, GMO's, etc., you can explain that to us in the email and then we will tailor that information to your needs. Thanks Joel!

Joel said:

Daniel Mirzakhani said:

How is a dude who seems unable to buy a bike that fits, use Flickr, or link a .pdf file going to solve... whatever it is you're trying to solve? How are the Sox going to do given their tough 14-game stretch against the Angels, Rays, Tigers and Yankees? Why is the sky blue?
That's just about perfect really.

Daniel Mirzakhani said:
And the dots are our logo!
You linked to a pdf in the very first post you made, could you have also linked the relevant pdf instead of a cryptic advertisement?  I don't understand.

Daniel Mirzakhani said:

Joel said:

Daniel Mirzakhani said:

think like a baby...

...and drink from the water of life!

it's strange how i feel when i look at those things.

Daniel,

I would argue that this hasn't even begun to be a discussion, because other than some very vague idea of giving more thought to what we eat, there really hasn't been anything to discuss.  For there to be discussion, there need to be specifics to discuss.  Lack of these specifics seems to be an issue here which has been pointed out repeatedly. 

So, if you're serious about what you're putting forth here, people need specifics to talk about. 

I would say that the
Daniel Mirzakhani said:

I would say that this ceased to be a civil discussion

hmmmm... after that i could use a couple o' squares.

You keep posting on. I will dress up your your cheerleader. I took a read of the site and watched the videos out of basic courtesy and I want to be your friend. I glad no one has changed much around here, I have missed everyone.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service