The Chainlink

I've wanted to start this thread so many times this year. . . there have been so many beautiful, glorious days this year and each time I think "this is probably the last really beautiful day" and then another comes along.  Take yesterday morning-- what a wonderful combination of warm moist air and all the smells of autumn.

Bouncing this thread to the top heretoforth will be considered a declaration that said bouncer considers the day upon which the bouncing occurs to be the most beautiful day of the year.

Views: 5339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes. I got on the LFP at roosevelt (Shedd) and was the only cyclist I saw wearing long pants for maybe 3-4 miles !!!  '

DB

I wore shorts to work on Sunday.

Today wearing a Fall coat was too warm in 61 degrees.

Felt great riding this morning - crisp, cold air.

Ya, My 7:30am commute north on Elston was nice...sun at my back and slightly to my right...watched my shadow ride,to my left, next to me the whole way.

Gopher Biker said:

Felt great riding this morning - crisp, cold air.

A beautiful day indeed this morning

Bright sunshine, light winds, low traffic, light freezing temps. I walked into the office with a big grin on my face.

It was even better when compared to yesterday's long slow ride home...

On the downside, the first hard frost killed whatever was left of our vegetable garden (besides the kale of course, which is just coming into it's element) 

Agree-- bright bright sunshine this morning and yesterday's wind storm has passed.

There's a certain relief to the garden being completely dead-- not much to do with it at this point.

I mowed my lawn last Friday (!) and oddly it still seems to be growing kind of fast.

Today was almost too warm as I dressed for a winter day in the 30's (as forecast) but then wearing thermals and being 48 was too warm.

Not complaining though as 2 years ago it was brutal already.

Bump, if you thought that today was just great! Cold, but still no clouds, gorgeous view of the sun and the moon, and barely any wind!

Yes, pretty day.  Only briefly on the bike, but I never got around to putting my gloves on for my travels by foot/CTA.

Last NIGHT was a perfect winter ride. I layered up around 9 o'clock, got out the boots for the 1st time this season, but was able to skip the overcoat.

The wind was nearly still and, for a Saturday night in the city, there was barely any motor traffic. I flew up Damen to my gf's place in record time.

Pure zen, one-with-the-machine riding under a bright, full moon.

I just couldn't get on my bike last night.  Now tonight I plan on it, just thinking I missed a calm wind ride last night.

Can anyone here get a Critical Mass Sunday look at the lights down Michigan Ave ride together?  hehe

Today is a gorgeous day for a winter ride. Spent a couple hours on the LFP and then rode along the river downtown. Sunshine. Absolutely gorgeous. A bit of wind, but for the second week of December, this is great.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service