The Chainlink

Although one specific incident did spark this post, it is a constant problem that I'd like to stop.

Don't draft me. I'm sorry if you took it as a challenge when I passed you're carbon bike & lycra outfit, but it wasn't. That happened to be a comfortable pace for me today. Maybe tomorrow you'd kill me while training. I'm just riding. My bike has front & rear racks, fenders, & a bag with a book and tools. I ain't racing on it. If you feel the need to draft me, you'll never be strong enough to win races. Either pass or get dropped.

Views: 184

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Drafting on the LFP is simply not a good idea. Generally speaking, drafting on any bike path is a really bad idea.

That being said, i have my own rules as to when i will grab a wheel: Never on a path, street/velodrome only, riding behind someone i know, or -and i'll admit it here- to be a jerk.

To be a jerk?? Yeah, hell yeah. i get a bit miffed when some kitted-up racer type (especially people with time trial bars,) blows by within arm's reach without so much as a nod. Now i'm generally a friendly guy and tend to greet passing riders with a "hello" "good morning (evening)" or at least a nod. When they reply in kind, i ususally wish 'em a good day. If they act like i'm a Fred (okay, i'm usually on a pretty Fredly bike,) and ignore me, i'll push it up a notch and hang on like Grim Death, just to piss 'em off. This is especially fun to do to triathlete wannabes.

This happened to me several times during last week's Harmon. Most of the folks who passed me were great and some were even conversational. My fastest riding is years behind me, so i don't take it personally when they leave me behind, but some folks are either just plain rude or too into themselves.

"Hello!"
(silence, fixed stare uproad...)
"Well then, F*** you!"
I'm the bitch that as soon as you try to draft me, I'll either kick it up into 'You'll never ever keep up with me' mode, or the 'OMG look at the FLOWERZZZZ I'm gunna go 5mph to enjoy them' mode.

I don't even like it when people WALK to close behind me, let alone ride. Turds.
I pick Jessica's 2nd option and start crawling. :-)
oh wow, its all become clear now.

h3 said:
I don't know what the hell the last two of ya'll are talking about.

o0_dan_0o said:

h3 said:
its a supposition based upon research. a FACT, if you will.

YOUTHS WHO HAD COMMITTED CRIMES AGAINST PERSONS UNIFORMLY REQUIRED MORE PERSONAL SPACE THAN SUBJECTS WHO HAD COMMITTED CRIMES AGAINST PROPERTY, WHO IN TURN REQUESTED MORE PERSONAL SPACE THAN SUBJECTS WHO HAD COMMITTED VICTIMLESS OFFENSES.

why dont you just come clean and tell us what you did.

Bailey Gene Newbrey said:

o0_dan_0o said:

h3 said:
You're right, I need to come clean. I ran a red light at Pulaski & Washington last week.

o0_dan_0o said:
its a supposition based upon research. a FACT, if you will.

YOUTHS WHO HAD COMMITTED CRIMES AGAINST PERSONS UNIFORMLY REQUIRED MORE PERSONAL SPACE THAN SUBJECTS WHO HAD COMMITTED CRIMES AGAINST PROPERTY, WHO IN TURN REQUESTED MORE PERSONAL SPACE THAN SUBJECTS WHO HAD COMMITTED VICTIMLESS OFFENSES.

why dont you just come clean and tell us what you did.

Bailey Gene Newbrey said:

o0_dan_0o said:

h3 said:
Nobody should ever draft a stranger.

Period.
I've been in my fair share of trouble. (OOOKAY. Maybe a little more. lol) I think not giving personal space is DISRESPECTFUL... not because my family is large. (Is 4 large?)

All in all, I agree with ^ homie here. TCO, you speak da truff.
Nice Baskets ?
At least he didn't pass you and then slow down. That's happened to me on the the LFP, sooo annoying.
I rode on the LFP for the first time today (in the daylight; I took it home from the beach at 31st street after the last Critical Mass). I was AMAZED at the d-bags dressed like Lance Armstrong in the Tour de France trying to go super fast when the path was clogged with families, small children, those idiotic pedal vehicles they rent, etc, etc. I knew it would be mobbed and was riding rather slowly, but I couldn't believe those a-holes were getting so pissed off that they couldn't go 50 miles an hour. It's a holiday, for God's sake!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service