The Chainlink

Hi,
I am trying to get a business going that would deliver fliers and posters around Evanston, Wilmette, Winnetka, Highland Park, etc.... The point is to do it by bicycle. I have been finding places to post and asking businesses if they'd like to use "Take A Flier." There has been a small amount of interest. Have you ever noticed how many places have fliers and posters? That's alot of driving.
Would anyone like to help me with this? Please lend a hand.
Thanks,
-Nate

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What exactly did you have in mind? I think it sounds like a good time and an awesome idea.
FatTireFool said:
What exactly did you have in mind? I think it sounds like a good time and an awesome idea.

I have just been going to different businesses and asking if they need fliers distributed around this area. If not, would they in the future and can I leave my flier. I have also been leaving ads on Craigslist.

I'm not sure about rates. I'm thinking around $20 for all of Evanston (South, North, middle, and strip malls to the west.) $20 for Winnetka and Wilmette, etc....
Sorry, I meant what did you have in mind when it came to help. Bad communication on my part :-)
I need to make the "sales pitch," better and being with someone might make a better impact. If someone can help me with the "cold-calling," that'd be great. I am trying to look specifically for "green," businesses or small community businesses/non-profits that could be helped by fliers around town. I.e. Dog walking, lawn care, special events. So, someone to go out and pound the pavement with.
-Nate

FatTireFool said:
Sorry, I meant what did you have in mind when it came to help. Bad communication on my part :-)
Well I don't live down town but Pending on how much help you need and if you don't mind my me not being local I might just be able to lend you a hand. I really think the more bike related businesses the better... accept bicycle stealing of course.
Sounds like a great idea. You still looking for some help with this?
I'm still looking for help. We could meet up at a cycling event to discuss the possiblities more, like money issues and who to approach (who I've already approached.) There's the "Bring your own scissors balaclava and gaitor cutting party," on Thursday. Tomorrow I plan on checking back where I dropped fliers off and seeing if anyone has taken the fliers I laid out and then making it to Critical Mass blood drive at the Thompson Center.
_Let me know what works Liz and FatTireFool.
-Nate
Last night I had a good experience. The center was "Haven," in Wilmette. Here's hoping.
-Nate

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service