The Chainlink

I started a group for St. Louis very much inspired by The Chainlink.  Thank you Chainlink!  I'm moving there for grad school this summer and couldn't find any across-the-board online community for any and all types of cyclists.  Check it out, and feel free to give me constructive criticism.  And wish me luck.  here it is: http://pedalhorse.ning.com/

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Best of luck, Lisa! Be sure to connect with our sister organization in St. Louis http://stlbikefed.org/index.php I'm sure they would appreciate a Chainlink-style community.

Ethan, with Active Trans
I thought about that, but was worried I might be stepping on their toes. You think I should?
Definitely. As a nonprofit, we're very appreciative that there's an online community like the Chainlink that we can participate in and learn from. We're big fans and it could only benefit the St. Louis bike community.

Ethan, with Active Trans
Lisa yeah said:
I thought about that, but was worried I might be stepping on their toes. You think I should?

I am pretty friendly with the STL bike fed folks and can attest that this will be welcome.
You should join their (very active) listserv and promote it there.
Alright, thanks! I emailed them. I'm not sure I can post an ad on their forum- it might be viewed as spam, I'm afraid.

H3N3 said:
Lisa yeah said:
I thought about that, but was worried I might be stepping on their toes. You think I should?

I am pretty friendly with the STL bike fed folks and can attest that this will be welcome.
You should join their (very active) listserv and promote it there.
Did you look into alternatives to Ning? Especially now that it is not free, Ning really seems like a bad idea. It is easy to get started with Ning, but its limitations are like brick walls and once you realize what you are stuck with it is far from trivial (if it is even possible) to migrate your network to another platform.
I did look at others, but Ning seemed like the best option- $200/year isn't a huge deal. Which platforms were you thinking of?

Tony Adams said:
Did you look into alternatives to Ning? Especially now that it is not free, Ning really seems like a bad idea. It is easy to get started with Ning, but its limitations are like brick walls and once you realize what you are stuck with it is far from trivial (if it is even possible) to migrate your network to another platform.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service