The Chainlink

So after the amazing shit show that was Gabe and Michelle crapping all over the message board here I think it is a good time to ask this question.

What happened here is ridiculous, two people were allowed to run wild like a couple of monkeys flinging shit everywhere.  Regardless of who you want to see as wrong or right there the fact remains that they were allowed to carry on completely unchecked.

Why?  Light moderation is one thing but why should two defective people be allowed to run wild like that?  Especially when others have been kicked off for doing the same?

Didn’t we kick off Beezodog for hijacking threads and not letting an argument die?

Of course that leads to another thing; we have some loose rules but they never seem to be enforced, why?

So what is it, do we have an enforce rules or can people just do whatever they like?  Because it mostly looks like people can just act however they want…

Views: 9025

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

86% male

Nikul, I'm not sure why you are having such a hard time seeing that Doug's questions have been addressed and that there has been a response of increased transparency. I can only assume that you haven't followed this discussion from the beginning or maybe have only skimmed a few posts per page.

Nikul Shah said:

I took your Apple analogy to mean that CL shouldn't tolerate notoriousDUG's agitations for transparency/change in the same way Apple wouldn't tolerate that from a shareholder. My point was that Apple, like every other publicly held company, does in fact tolerate such agitations and has built in mechanisms for listening to its shareholders and providing transparency. In other words, I found your derisive analogy flawed and actually supportive of notoriousDUG.

As has been pointed out already, it is like comparing apples and oranges. It isn't really relevant here.

h' 1.0 said:

It looks to me like you took my analogy and did a very good job of illustrating that it does apply here-- even better than I thought.  All of the things you mentioned are analogous to the way things are handled here.

And again, crap all over Apple's user forums because Tim Cook won't respond personally to you over and over again, and see how you're dealt with.

Yes, please.

Kevin C said:

Why yes, yes we do. And they seem to be excellent mod selections.

Now can we return to the regularly scheduled content?

Yeah, apples and oranges are so different from each other that it is impossible to compare them. Ergo, Julie should personally answer all Doug's questions because she is no Tim Cook. 

Nikul Shah said:

I took your Apple analogy to mean that CL shouldn't tolerate notoriousDUG's agitations for transparency/change in the same way Apple wouldn't tolerate that from a shareholder. My point was that Apple, like every other publicly held company, does in fact tolerate such agitations and has built in mechanisms for listening to its shareholders and providing transparency. In other words, I found your derisive analogy flawed and actually supportive of notoriousDUG.

As has been pointed out already, it is like comparing apples and oranges. It isn't really relevant here.

h' 1.0 said:

It looks to me like you took my analogy and did a very good job of illustrating that it does apply here-- even better than I thought.  All of the things you mentioned are analogous to the way things are handled here.

And again, crap all over Apple's user forums because Tim Cook won't respond personally to you over and over again, and see how you're dealt with.

Tim Cook is a corpdroid(tm), but Steve Jobs was renowned for personally responding to emails from pretty much anybody.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.  Nothing to see here, move along.  Add more fem mods, then we'll talk.

This is a user forum, not a blog. When somebody puts something out there it is inherent in the medium that any communication that results can be directed in any direction.

This is not "Doug's Thread."  But feel free to ask him anything you wish. Ideally over and over again, even after he has gone out of his way to address it.

Nikul Shah said:

Has it? Given the long and winding nature of this thread, it is hard for me to tell. For the record, I have regularly kept up with this thread. It is Doug's thread and question. May be we should ask Doug how he feels about the responses to his questions/concerns?

h' 1.0 said:

Nikul, I'm not sure why you are having such a hard time seeing that Doug's questions have been addressed and that there has been a response of increased transparency. I can only assume that you haven't followed this discussion from the beginning or maybe have only skimmed a few posts per page.

I noted that with a sad face, too. Though, I wonder if it reflects (active or otherwise) membership on The Chainlink?

Andronymous said:

86% male

I wouldn't be surprised if the female moderators get paid less than the males as well.

Sarah D. said:

I noted that with a sad face, too. Though, I wonder if it reflects (active or otherwise) membership on The Chainlink?

Andronymous said:

86% male

"This is not "Doug's Thread." 

But, in fact, it is.

It's to the point now where his feelings are what matter. "May be we should ask Doug how he feels about the responses to his questions/concerns?"

Diamond was reasonable, Julie was smart enough to not take the bait and rules were changed, moderators assembled and policies adopted.  And yet this thing goes on and on.  And the above offer will get taken up, worry not.

This weekend a couple dozen kids, right in this city, are going to catch bullets. Meanwhile in an obscure online message board...............

Don't feed.

h' 1.0 said:

This is a user forum, not a blog. When somebody puts something out there it is inherent in the medium that any communication that results can be directed in any direction.

This is not "Doug's Thread."  But feel free to ask him anything you wish. Ideally over and over again, even after he has gone out of his way to address it.

Nikul Shah said:

Has it? Given the long and winding nature of this thread, it is hard for me to tell. For the record, I have regularly kept up with this thread. It is Doug's thread and question. May be we should ask Doug how he feels about the responses to his questions/concerns?

h' 1.0 said:

Being someone who has observed several stock holder meetings i have found this to be true.

There is always someone with some asinine, irrelevant, question that they demand answers for and they are dealt with a very diplomatic way of saying F-off.

There are also loads of good, tough questions that get responded to in a skilled side stepping manner.

If there was a live forum (not held in the internet), then yes Julie would have to respond in some manner to any question asked. Now she could handle the situation like i stated above, or invite more of a discourse on the issue.

To the best of my knowledge the chain link does not have one of these yearly meetings where we can ask , in person, these questions. Therefore there is absolutely no obligation for her to respond here. The same way that any one of us is in no way obligated to answer anyones questions here.

This is the song that doesn't end. It just goes on and on my friend.

Somebody started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...

Anne Alt said:

Yes, please.

Kevin C said:

Why yes, yes we do. And they seem to be excellent mod selections.

Now can we return to the regularly scheduled content?

"We didn't start the fire..."  -Billy Joel

"We don't need no water let the MFer burn"  -The Bloodhound Gang

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service